Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
MyHUB Distribution Network for all Sense ROM Developers
As a developer, making sure that your users are running the latest version of your creation is always a challenge. This is then compounded when you’re dealing with modifications such as kernels, ROMs, and skins rather than applications that can be set to automatically update through Google Play. In order to help alleviate this, XDA Senior Member mikrosmile created myHUB to serve as a hub for all Sense-based ROM developers.
The project originally began as an addition to the DarkSense ROM on the HTC Sensation, as a way to seamlessly provide updates and compatible downloads. However, now the application has been rebuilt with additional features such as an OTA engine and more.
So what can you do with myHub, the OTA engine, and its other applications? According to the developer:
Features of myHUB:
- Provide News
- Provide any Download sections you want (Skins, System MODs, Icons, Keyboards, Kernels)
- Full preview of your Content
- Automatic installation of apk or zip files
- Automatic checking of MD5
- In-app updates from myHUB Developer
- Ease configuration of myHUB (one txt file in your System)
- On-line updates (changes) of all your Content
Features of myHUB OTA:
- Provide ROM updates (as easy as possible) with almost similar to HTC’s OTA
- You can provide Full ROMs or Small size OTA
- Add your Changelog
- Checks current version with latest available on your Server
Features of myHUB Web:
- Provide any web link together with news and open inside app
- Fully featured web browser
Features of myHUB Files:
- Install any apk or zip files (Zip installation through Recovery)
- Open any file through Favorite apps (Images, Audio, Video files, Text, etc)
- Checking of MD5 of files (Simple calculation of MD5, enter MD5 to check if correct)
- Manipulate with files (Cut, Copy, Delete, View properties)
Beneficial to both end users and developers, myHUB can dramatically streamline your update and discovery process. Head over to the original thread to get started.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.