Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
MyHUB Distribution Network for all Sense ROM Developers
As a developer, making sure that your users are running the latest version of your creation is always a challenge. This is then compounded when you’re dealing with modifications such as kernels, ROMs, and skins rather than applications that can be set to automatically update through Google Play. In order to help alleviate this, XDA Senior Member mikrosmile created myHUB to serve as a hub for all Sense-based ROM developers.
The project originally began as an addition to the DarkSense ROM on the HTC Sensation, as a way to seamlessly provide updates and compatible downloads. However, now the application has been rebuilt with additional features such as an OTA engine and more.
So what can you do with myHub, the OTA engine, and its other applications? According to the developer:
Features of myHUB:
- Provide News
- Provide any Download sections you want (Skins, System MODs, Icons, Keyboards, Kernels)
- Full preview of your Content
- Automatic installation of apk or zip files
- Automatic checking of MD5
- In-app updates from myHUB Developer
- Ease configuration of myHUB (one txt file in your System)
- On-line updates (changes) of all your Content
Features of myHUB OTA:
- Provide ROM updates (as easy as possible) with almost similar to HTC’s OTA
- You can provide Full ROMs or Small size OTA
- Add your Changelog
- Checks current version with latest available on your Server
Features of myHUB Web:
- Provide any web link together with news and open inside app
- Fully featured web browser
Features of myHUB Files:
- Install any apk or zip files (Zip installation through Recovery)
- Open any file through Favorite apps (Images, Audio, Video files, Text, etc)
- Checking of MD5 of files (Simple calculation of MD5, enter MD5 to check if correct)
- Manipulate with files (Cut, Copy, Delete, View properties)
Beneficial to both end users and developers, myHUB can dramatically streamline your update and discovery process. Head over to the original thread to get started.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...
Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.