Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
MyHUB Distribution Network for all Sense ROM Developers
As a developer, making sure that your users are running the latest version of your creation is always a challenge. This is then compounded when you’re dealing with modifications such as kernels, ROMs, and skins rather than applications that can be set to automatically update through Google Play. In order to help alleviate this, XDA Senior Member mikrosmile created myHUB to serve as a hub for all Sense-based ROM developers.
The project originally began as an addition to the DarkSense ROM on the HTC Sensation, as a way to seamlessly provide updates and compatible downloads. However, now the application has been rebuilt with additional features such as an OTA engine and more.
So what can you do with myHub, the OTA engine, and its other applications? According to the developer:
Features of myHUB:
- Provide News
- Provide any Download sections you want (Skins, System MODs, Icons, Keyboards, Kernels)
- Full preview of your Content
- Automatic installation of apk or zip files
- Automatic checking of MD5
- In-app updates from myHUB Developer
- Ease configuration of myHUB (one txt file in your System)
- On-line updates (changes) of all your Content
Features of myHUB OTA:
- Provide ROM updates (as easy as possible) with almost similar to HTC’s OTA
- You can provide Full ROMs or Small size OTA
- Add your Changelog
- Checks current version with latest available on your Server
Features of myHUB Web:
- Provide any web link together with news and open inside app
- Fully featured web browser
Features of myHUB Files:
- Install any apk or zip files (Zip installation through Recovery)
- Open any file through Favorite apps (Images, Audio, Video files, Text, etc)
- Checking of MD5 of files (Simple calculation of MD5, enter MD5 to check if correct)
- Manipulate with files (Cut, Copy, Delete, View properties)
Beneficial to both end users and developers, myHUB can dramatically streamline your update and discovery process. Head over to the original thread to get started.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...