We've received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the majority of users who make the jump see some type of improvement. But just how noticeable is this improvement in app performance? Let us know if switching to ART has brought noticeable changes to your device's performance.
Myn Warm Donut for Vogue RLS5 Released!
After much speculation regarding the release date, the latest installment on one of the best available ports of Android 1.6 (Donut) for the Vogue / Kaiser / Polaris has been released. Xda Member myn has released a much anticipated version of this OS, which includes among other things increased speed, stability, and a myriad of features and apps that will entice you into testing it first from the SD card, and then forcing you (because you will fall in love with it) to flash it over WM and simply keep Android running on your phone.
Some of the new features in RLS 5 (04-24-2010) include:
- More performance improvements
- Added patched tattoo Market That allows full market (all apps) regardless of resolution
- Added faux HTC flipclock/Weather widget
- New boot animation (Special thanks to pyrator)
- Updated SpareParts which has now has a bunch of new goodies (home app in memory, Compcache/swap settings)
- New RIL that defaults MCC to 310 and MNC to 260 eliminating dependency on paid market service script. (Special thanks to dzo)
- Updated ADW Nexus Launcher now with full Nexus launcher fade in. No more drawer flicking upwards
- Configurable number home screens (up to 7 now)
- Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher drawer and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
- Updated Astro File manager
- Added Rogue Tools allowing you to dynamically overclock and change screen density
- New skinned Calendar and Widget.
Please follow the development in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...