From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Myn Warm Donut for Vogue RLS5 Released!
After much speculation regarding the release date, the latest installment on one of the best available ports of Android 1.6 (Donut) for the Vogue / Kaiser / Polaris has been released. Xda Member myn has released a much anticipated version of this OS, which includes among other things increased speed, stability, and a myriad of features and apps that will entice you into testing it first from the SD card, and then forcing you (because you will fall in love with it) to flash it over WM and simply keep Android running on your phone.
Some of the new features in RLS 5 (04-24-2010) include:
- More performance improvements
- Added patched tattoo Market That allows full market (all apps) regardless of resolution
- Added faux HTC flipclock/Weather widget
- New boot animation (Special thanks to pyrator)
- Updated SpareParts which has now has a bunch of new goodies (home app in memory, Compcache/swap settings)
- New RIL that defaults MCC to 310 and MNC to 260 eliminating dependency on paid market service script. (Special thanks to dzo)
- Updated ADW Nexus Launcher now with full Nexus launcher fade in. No more drawer flicking upwards
- Configurable number home screens (up to 7 now)
- Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher drawer and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
- Updated Astro File manager
- Added Rogue Tools allowing you to dynamically overclock and change screen density
- New skinned Calendar and Widget.
Please follow the development in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...