Previously I talked about the Pebble Time Kickstarter, and why I thought it was the most practical smartwatch to buy in 2015, and that I decided to be an early backer on Kickstarter. Well as of this morning an interesting development has come from my - currently - favorite smartwatch company. They will release the Pebble Time Steel variant alongside the regular Pebble, instead of say a whole release cycle down the road. The accompanying announcement along with the Steel,...
navmi GPS Cycle Computer v3
A few months ago member AndyZap presented version 3 of this GPS sports application for Windows Mobile touch screen devices.
One of the best things to talk about this GPS tool is the good graphic design it has, some other features are auto pause, time and distance tracking and map display (offline caching of maps).
Definitely a fresh good looking option for enjoying your GPS.
Originally posted by AndyZap
Yet Another GPS Tracker? – yes, but:
- this is a nice one – thanks to excellent design by expo7! And you can set your custom background and button images;
- can select GPS run interval: from “always on” to “run every 10 min” – this is useful if you want to reduce battery power usage;
- has usual cycle computer display: time, distance, speed (current, average, max) plus a graph of your track.
The tool logs GPS data into a binary file (so a lot of data can be stored in a compact form), which can be loaded back for viewing, or saved into .kml / .gpx file to view in e.g. GoogleEarth. With the latest version of GoogleMaps, you can view KML files on your phone. Just click on a kml file in file explorer. Note there is a bug in the latest GoogleMaps installation, so KML files does not work – read the manual how to fix this.
What you need to download (go for the latest version!) :
- GpsCycleComputer_X.XX.cab – the application itself. To install, copy CAB into your phone, and click on it from your phone File Explorer. The manual (file called Readme.htm) is installed on your phone, in the same folder as the application. E.g. if you install into “Internal Storage” on English Windows, the path to the application will be \Internal Storage\Program Files\GpsCycleComputer.
- GpsCycleComputerSource_X.XX.zip – A complete source code in C#, uses CF .NET 2.0. Feel free to change anything you like!
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The LG G Pro Lite D680 is a budget phone that was released in 2013 alongside the LG Optimus G Pro, LG's 2013 flagship device. Unfortunately, it hasn't received much development attention so far… but XDA Recognized Developer laufersteppenwolf has now released an unsecured boot.img along with a CWM recovery. This is despite the bootloader being locked (which means there's no need for you to void your warranty!), and marks the first step towards custom ROM and kernel development for...
Samsung's latest and greatest, the Galaxy S6 Edge, is drastically different from any Samsung flagship that has come before it. The Korean giant took a very different approach when designing this little beast, creating quite the debate among android enthusiasts about whether this is really the next big thing or not. Is the Galaxy S6 Edge true innovation, or Samsung's desperate attempt to be different? Let us know what you think!