Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We're guessing the community will be pretty split here but we're interested in hearing your thoughts. Let us know below!
New iPhoneUI version released
Love it or hate it, the iPhone interface has revolutionized the world of mobile devices as we knew it back in 2007. Everything from that point onwards has become more fluid, more finger friendly, and has gotten lots more eye candy for us to enjoy our devices to the max. From that point onwards, many apps, skins, and today plugins have been released to try to emulate the feeling of the iPhone on Windows Mobile, without actually having to own an iPhone.
In its latest installment, xda member chabbe11 has developed a complete shell to make Windows Mobile look and behave like the iPhone UI (hence, the name of the shell) but only for resolutions of 480 x 800 (WVGA). In version 0.3a, he includes several bug fixes and speed improvements to quench the thirst of even the most avid ifanboys.
- MAJOR design/UI improvments in mainmenu, lockmenu, topbar. I rewrote the code and in that way was able to resize all images in app.
- Removed gprs icon in topbar
- Fixed a bug with the calendar widget. In previous release the notify images came in the way when an appointment was stated.
- Added a Wifi topbar icon
- Changed the bluetooth image
- Added bluetooth headset icon in topbar
- Added sound and mute icon in topbar
- Added a headset icon in topbar
- Fixed a bug with the lock button and the hibernate function
- Repositioned all the icons in topbar.
- Fixed minor bugs in main app
- Added signal strength percentage text in topbar
- Changed Wallpaper
- Major speed improvments in both mainmenu and lockmenu.
- Added battery percentage in topbar
- Added battery charging icon in topbar
- Added a battery monitor form
- Fixed a bug in topbar
- Added a “No Network” text in topbar if the phone isn’t connected to a network
- Changed bubble image
- Deleted the clock icon in mainmenu due to beeing unnecessary
- Fixed a bug with the vibrate function which made the phone vibrate like crazy when the dial/phone icon was pressed
- Added youtube icon (requires that you have it installed in phone)
- Changed badge image
You can follow the development of this shell in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last count, is a vast expanse of quality content and APK duds alike. To put this into context, it would take the average user more than 8 days of continuous scrolling to make it through the whole list at two per second, let alone the added months to click through and check out screenshots, or years to separate the wheat from the chaff via thorough review. Blogs...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! Smartphone purchases make for some of the sweetest times of the year for many of us. After all, we are hobbyists of Android and a new...