Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
New iPhoneUI version released
Love it or hate it, the iPhone interface has revolutionized the world of mobile devices as we knew it back in 2007. Everything from that point onwards has become more fluid, more finger friendly, and has gotten lots more eye candy for us to enjoy our devices to the max. From that point onwards, many apps, skins, and today plugins have been released to try to emulate the feeling of the iPhone on Windows Mobile, without actually having to own an iPhone.
In its latest installment, xda member chabbe11 has developed a complete shell to make Windows Mobile look and behave like the iPhone UI (hence, the name of the shell) but only for resolutions of 480 x 800 (WVGA). In version 0.3a, he includes several bug fixes and speed improvements to quench the thirst of even the most avid ifanboys.
- MAJOR design/UI improvments in mainmenu, lockmenu, topbar. I rewrote the code and in that way was able to resize all images in app.
- Removed gprs icon in topbar
- Fixed a bug with the calendar widget. In previous release the notify images came in the way when an appointment was stated.
- Added a Wifi topbar icon
- Changed the bluetooth image
- Added bluetooth headset icon in topbar
- Added sound and mute icon in topbar
- Added a headset icon in topbar
- Fixed a bug with the lock button and the hibernate function
- Repositioned all the icons in topbar.
- Fixed minor bugs in main app
- Added signal strength percentage text in topbar
- Changed Wallpaper
- Major speed improvments in both mainmenu and lockmenu.
- Added battery percentage in topbar
- Added battery charging icon in topbar
- Added a battery monitor form
- Fixed a bug in topbar
- Added a “No Network” text in topbar if the phone isn’t connected to a network
- Changed bubble image
- Deleted the clock icon in mainmenu due to beeing unnecessary
- Fixed a bug with the vibrate function which made the phone vibrate like crazy when the dial/phone icon was pressed
- Added youtube icon (requires that you have it installed in phone)
- Changed badge image
You can follow the development of this shell in the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...
Every day, the majority of us use the internet through several different internet service providers, but what we may not think about whilst using this service is how much control these companies have over our experience. AT&T recently launched their rival to the Google Fiber service and subsequently looked for a way to further monetize on their offering. For an extra $29 on top of the $70 monthly charge, you can buy your privacy back from them. Otherwise expect online adverts...