Android was always considered as a mobile operating system. While phones and tablets are over 95% of devices running Android, developers put lots of effort to make Google's OS available for other platforms. You've probably heard of Bluestacks, which brings the Android world to PCs, Macs and TVs. The American company is just one of the many brands that ports the Android OS to personal computers. In June 2014, the Console OS team launched its Kickstarter campaign for a system that...
New Improved LMT Launcher v0.8 Released
LMT Launcher, created by xda developer and moderator l3v5y, is a great little app which has been written about in the past. In case you are interested, check out the News Story 1 and then the News Story 2 for further information regarding this. However, today we will talk about the upgrades to the app rather than describing what the app can do. The last article written about this was for version 0.5. Now, version 0.8 is out and it is packed with tons of goodies, so be sure to check out the change log.
- Fixed rotation feature
- Controller button “R” now toggles between: Portrait (fg app touchable) -> Landscape (fg app touchable) -> Portrait (full screen lock) -> Landscape (full screen lock)
- Added Mario feature in controller mode: The areas between A and B, C and D and X and Y will lead to both keyevents. When you e.g. run in Mario Bros. with button “C” and jump with button “D” you can run with “C” and then slide your finger right. Then “C” and “D” will be both pressed. Mario will run and jump…
- Fixed rotate and exit button in controller mode (no interference with fg app)
- Added dword reg value “ShowOverlay”: 0=overlays deactivated, 1=overlays activated with default time, >1=overlays activated with custom time (ms)
- Optimized square gestures
- Removed arrow gestures
- Added 5 new mt gestures: Double Diamond and Swipe left/right, right/left, up/down, down/up
- Added 1 st gesture: Diamond
- Added \Windows\services.exe to BlackListClose
- Set new defaults for gestures (see registry!)
- LMT is now rotation arware and works also in landscape mode (only 270°)
- Controller supports now real landscape mode (e.g. for flash games)
See full changelog in changelog.txt attached!
Check out the application thread for more information!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are many things to love about the mobile industry, and when it comes to Android, I think one of them is that there's something for just about everyone. The OEMs of today cover many different demographics for those that want this, or that. And things like a phone's design aren't excluded either - but what I think is really interesting about this last bit is just how apparent the different approaches are. I'm not just talking about the aesthetics,...
The FCC has ruled on Net Neutrality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Pebble Time Kickstarter and be sure to stay tuned for even more mobile world congress announcements! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday...