Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
New Improved LMT Launcher v0.8 Released
LMT Launcher, created by xda developer and moderator l3v5y, is a great little app which has been written about in the past. In case you are interested, check out the News Story 1 and then the News Story 2 for further information regarding this. However, today we will talk about the upgrades to the app rather than describing what the app can do. The last article written about this was for version 0.5. Now, version 0.8 is out and it is packed with tons of goodies, so be sure to check out the change log.
- Fixed rotation feature
- Controller button “R” now toggles between: Portrait (fg app touchable) -> Landscape (fg app touchable) -> Portrait (full screen lock) -> Landscape (full screen lock)
- Added Mario feature in controller mode: The areas between A and B, C and D and X and Y will lead to both keyevents. When you e.g. run in Mario Bros. with button “C” and jump with button “D” you can run with “C” and then slide your finger right. Then “C” and “D” will be both pressed. Mario will run and jump…
- Fixed rotate and exit button in controller mode (no interference with fg app)
- Added dword reg value “ShowOverlay”: 0=overlays deactivated, 1=overlays activated with default time, >1=overlays activated with custom time (ms)
- Optimized square gestures
- Removed arrow gestures
- Added 5 new mt gestures: Double Diamond and Swipe left/right, right/left, up/down, down/up
- Added 1 st gesture: Diamond
- Added \Windows\services.exe to BlackListClose
- Set new defaults for gestures (see registry!)
- LMT is now rotation arware and works also in landscape mode (only 270°)
- Controller supports now real landscape mode (e.g. for flash games)
See full changelog in changelog.txt attached!
Check out the application thread for more information!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...