USB Type-C seems to be the new obsession among Android enthusiasts, as we hear more and more reports claim that it will be implemented in the next line of flagship devices. Google itself hinted in the press release of the Chromebook Pixel that more Chromebooks and Android devices would follow suit with USB Type-C. Let us know if you're excited for the upcoming changes and how USB Type-C will benefit you.
New Opera Mini 5 and Latest Jbed all-in-one cab
The popularity of Opera Mini has grown fast since it has been launched for the iphone, for those of you already familiar with this great browser, optyqus created an all in one cab of the latest version.
Originally posted by optyqus
Trying to make things easier with Opera Mini 5 java (as the native WM Opera Mini is still beta and has some issues), I created a cab which spares you of headaches. I’m aware that there are other similar project in the forums, but this one is a little bit different.
This cab contains:
- latest Esmertect Jbed Java (20090506) (credits to Agrab)
- Opera Mini 5 final, presigned – it will ask you permissions only the first time, as you’re able to select “Yes, don’t ask again” option
- Mortscript 2.5 and a connection script- this will automatically initialize your default internet connection when clicking the Opera Mini shortcut, thus saving some seconds of waiting times.
- If you already have Opera Mini 5 installed and don’t want to loose your data (bookmarks, quicklinks), before installing my cab go to Opera Mini>Settings, click Opera Link and create an account (this is fast and easy). Than login and synchronize your data.
- Install the right cab for your device (it will automatically install into internal memory)
- Perform a reboot, to allow registry updating.
- Enter Opera Mini>Settings>Opera Link, login and synchronise your data.
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung’s semiconductor game and their Exynos chipsets have gained a lot of traction recently given the unveiling of the S6, and its subsequent testing showing a remarkable step forward in performance and efficiency. This advancement was put to contrast with the outcome of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 chipset, which is said company’s incursion into the octa core big.LITTLE ARM model that Samsung has been perfecting over the past 3 years. Needless to say, said jump from their traditional Krait core arrangement...
Be together, not the same. That is the current phrase that Google is using for Android. This is really wise, the strength of Android is that I have a choice in what phone I get and what it looks like. I get more choices than black or white and 16, 64 or 128 GB. One of the more visual parts of Android customization is theming. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews talks about theming your CyanogenMod 12 device....