The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
New Opera Mini 5 and Latest Jbed all-in-one cab
The popularity of Opera Mini has grown fast since it has been launched for the iphone, for those of you already familiar with this great browser, optyqus created an all in one cab of the latest version.
Originally posted by optyqus
Trying to make things easier with Opera Mini 5 java (as the native WM Opera Mini is still beta and has some issues), I created a cab which spares you of headaches. I’m aware that there are other similar project in the forums, but this one is a little bit different.
This cab contains:
- latest Esmertect Jbed Java (20090506) (credits to Agrab)
- Opera Mini 5 final, presigned – it will ask you permissions only the first time, as you’re able to select “Yes, don’t ask again” option
- Mortscript 2.5 and a connection script- this will automatically initialize your default internet connection when clicking the Opera Mini shortcut, thus saving some seconds of waiting times.
- If you already have Opera Mini 5 installed and don’t want to loose your data (bookmarks, quicklinks), before installing my cab go to Opera Mini>Settings, click Opera Link and create an account (this is fast and easy). Than login and synchronize your data.
- Install the right cab for your device (it will automatically install into internal memory)
- Perform a reboot, to allow registry updating.
- Enter Opera Mini>Settings>Opera Link, login and synchronise your data.
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...
Matias Duarte, VP of Design at Google, is perhaps one of the most prolific software designers of recent times: Material Design, the highest exponent of Android beauty, is Matias' own brainchild. Without him and his creation, the biggest Android update of all time wouldn't have been what it was and our favorite platform would still carry a look that many deemed outdated even before Material Design was shown. With an internet following that spawned several internet memes and even a weird community,...