According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...
New S2U2 version 2.40 released
For all of you following xda member A_C‘s work, his hugely popular locking app S2U2 just got a new update. Since its original release a couple of years ago (actually in 2007), S2U2 has become one of the most downloaded applications for Windows Mobile. Easily customizable, fast, and stable, this app has proven to be incredibly flexible as it also adapts and works well with some other apps made by A_C such as S2V and S2P, as well as apps from other devs in the site.
Changes of v2.40
- - added options to remind any unread notification by vibration or sound or both (S2U2 Settings > Reminder).
- Refer to S2U2 Settings Description.xls for details.
- - added “60 minutes” option for “Snooze time” (S2U2 Settings > General).
- - added “Headset” option for “Lock on Talk” (S2U2 Settings > Power).
- - added option to check if any notification exists before unlock by the Proximity Sensor (S2U2 Settings > Power).
- - changed the action to shrink appointment info from “tap” to “slide up/down”.
- - added “slide to view” for Appointment: tap an appointment to show its details & then slide the slider to open Pocket Outlook with that appointment day.
- To change the view appointment application to others, refer to S2U2 Settings Description.xls for details.
- - added slide action to the ON/OFF switch of S2U2 Settings.
- - fixed a very rare case that iLock2 would hang the system.
- It’s related to the checking of Exceptional EXE. If you want to know the technical details, then click here.
- - fixed Manila was positioned incorrectly after soft-reset on some devices.
- - fixed on some devices/ROMs, the hardware keys were locked even corresponding S2A option was turned on.
- - fixed voice mail notification icon was not shown if the value was negative.
- - fixed occasionally the “Replace WM6.5 system manual lock” did not work.
- - a few minor bugs fixed.
If you would like to download the app or for more information, you can follow the original thread
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.
The smartphone landscape is drastically changing its focus. What was once a North-America-centric monopoly of high-specification phones is now merely an afterimage of the past. The meat of the game is elsewhere now; emerging markets looking for good bang-for-buck are what OEMs are increasingly aiming towards, and in this new game the old players must adapt-or-die. Xiaomi has grown at one of the most notable rates in the industry, leading it to become the world's most valuable start-up; and its...