According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...
New Way to Make Money – Sell Physical Products In App – XDA Developer TV
People develop apps for many different reasons. Some do it for the love of coding. Some do it because they want their device to do something, but there isn’t anything available and they fill that void. Some do it for other less altruistic reasons like feeding their ego. Regardless of their reasons, its always nice when developers get rewarded for their work monetarily.
In today’s video, XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce talks about a new way to to make some money with your apps by using in-app purchases of physical items. He talks about Amazon’s new Mobile Associates API. This API lets developers set up one-clicks that allow developers to earn some money from that purchase. Check out this video to learn more.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Zuck Wants to Take Pain out of Building Mobile Apps on Facebook – XDA Developer TV
- The Problem with Open Source Software – XDA Developer TV
- Day-in-the-life of a Software Developer – XDA Developer TV
- The Smart Way to Price Your Mobile App – XDA Developer TV
- How To Choose a Killer App Idea – XDA Developer TV
- How Non-Coders Created a Hugely Successful App – XDA Developer TV
- New Developers’ Greatest Opportunity – XDA Developer TV
- How a D Student Became an Elite Developer – XDA Developer TV
- The Internet of Things – The Next Frontier for Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Creating an Android App 101: Pitfalls – XDA Developer TV
- Don’t Call Yourself a Programmer! – XDA Developer TV
- Confessions of Newly Hired Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Practices of Practical Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Developer Salary News… Good News! – XDA Developer TV
- The Future of Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- Are You Smart Enough to be a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
- New Hacker School for Android!! – XDA Developer TV
- Too Old to Become a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
- Why New Developers Fail – XDA Developer TV
- Why Programmers Get No Respect – XDA Developer TV
- How a College Drop Out Becomes a CTO – XDA Developer TV
- Be More than “Ramen Profitable” and Make Money as an App Developer – XDA Developer TV
- Ladies Learning Code – XDA Developer TV
- How a Rookie Wins a Hackathon – XDA Developer TV
- Social Media for Software Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Hire Me Gary Vaynerchuk – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Toughest Job Interview Questions Part 4 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Salary Negotiations Part 3 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Main Interview Part 2 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Phone Screen Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: What Hiring Managers Won’t Tell You – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Recruiter Reveals How Resumes are Chosen – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Is Software Development Your Calling? – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: App Testing – Prove It, Then Sell It – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: The Curse of Knowledge – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Code Katas for Beginning Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.
The smartphone landscape is drastically changing its focus. What was once a North-America-centric monopoly of high-specification phones is now merely an afterimage of the past. The meat of the game is elsewhere now; emerging markets looking for good bang-for-buck are what OEMs are increasingly aiming towards, and in this new game the old players must adapt-or-die. Xiaomi has grown at one of the most notable rates in the industry, leading it to become the world's most valuable start-up; and its...