To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
Nexus 6 and 8 Names in Chromium Code Review, XDA:Devcon 14 in the United Kingdom, Google Glass US Sales Open! – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat for the Droid Razr HD and Razr M has been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Google Glass is now available to the public and that KitKat finally arrives on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for RAM Usage & Play Store Link. Then, TK showed us how to root the Oppo Find 7a. Finally, TK gave us a an Android App Review of Sky Weather. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Droid Razr HD KitKat Goes from Soak Test to Full Release, Razr M also Receives Update
- KitKat Finally Arrives to the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 via Kies
- Google Opens Glass Purchases to All in the US, Unveils XE17.1 Firmware
- Google Glass XE17.1 OTA Captured, Updated Factory Image and Rooted Boot Image Now Available
- Nexus 6 and 8 Names Appear in Chromium Code Review
- XDA:DevCon ’14 Coming to the United Kingdom
- Forums added for the Moto E, LG G3, and LG L3 II, L5 II, L7 II, L9 II
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: RAM Usage and Play Store Link – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the Oppo Find 7a Quickly – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Sky Weather – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...
Only a few years ago, it was normal for a major app release to be available for iOS but come months later to Android. That seems to no longer be the case, as Android has advanced tremendously with Google putting a huge effort into its Play Store and ecosystem. However, while the majority of major app releases are now made available for both platforms at the same time, there are a few iOS exclusives that some of us wish were on our favorite mobile OS (Hyperlapse comes to mind). Let us know which apps for the iPhone you wish were on Android.