NFC Re-Tag Application Allows Users to Re-use Write Only Tags
NFC tagging is a relatively new feature on Android phones. Granted they’ve been around for awhile, but they’re just now finding their niche in the smartphone world. This, of course, means anyone who can modify the feature to make it better is going to at least try, and that can lead to some exciting results.
XDA Member ascsa has posted about an application that will allow users to re-use and recycle tags previously purchased NFC tags that were write protected.
The application is pretty cool and while it is posted in the Galaxy Nexus forums, it should be compatible with most devices that carry an NFC chip.
The feature list is pretty impressive and includes:
* Toggle Bluetooth without Pop-up
* Mute ‘Tag detected’ Pop-up via preferences
* Calendar entry: Open new calendar entry. Starting time: now; Duration: 1h -> Title will be set according to parameter
* Timestamp: Adds a calendar timestamp in the calendar (ID 1) -> Title will be set according to parameter
* Mediabutton: Simulates media buttons (Parameter: Toggle Play, Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Fast Forward, Rewind)
* Show homescreen: Jump to the homescreen. No Parameter
* Wait: Add a wait period. Parameter: milliseconds (2500 = 2,5 seconds)
* Show Pop-up: Shows a custom pop-up. Parameter = Pop-up text.
* Improved UI and some other minor tweaks
And that’s just updating from version 1.0 to 1.2. There are a plethora of other features available as well.
If this looks like something you’d like to try out, you can check out the XDA Thread for instructions on use, change logs and download links or you can just grab the application off the Android Market.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!