Oppo has demoed the bezel-less smartphone called the "R7!" That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of Google's internal code building tool is being having its source opened and be sure to check out the article talking about Android 5.1 factory images for the Nexus 5 and 6! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the...
NFC Re-Tag Application Allows Users to Re-use Write Only Tags
NFC tagging is a relatively new feature on Android phones. Granted they’ve been around for awhile, but they’re just now finding their niche in the smartphone world. This, of course, means anyone who can modify the feature to make it better is going to at least try, and that can lead to some exciting results.
XDA Member ascsa has posted about an application that will allow users to re-use and recycle tags previously purchased NFC tags that were write protected.
The application is pretty cool and while it is posted in the Galaxy Nexus forums, it should be compatible with most devices that carry an NFC chip.
The feature list is pretty impressive and includes:
* Toggle Bluetooth without Pop-up
* Mute ‘Tag detected’ Pop-up via preferences
* Calendar entry: Open new calendar entry. Starting time: now; Duration: 1h -> Title will be set according to parameter
* Timestamp: Adds a calendar timestamp in the calendar (ID 1) -> Title will be set according to parameter
* Mediabutton: Simulates media buttons (Parameter: Toggle Play, Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Fast Forward, Rewind)
* Show homescreen: Jump to the homescreen. No Parameter
* Wait: Add a wait period. Parameter: milliseconds (2500 = 2,5 seconds)
* Show Pop-up: Shows a custom pop-up. Parameter = Pop-up text.
* Improved UI and some other minor tweaks
And that’s just updating from version 1.0 to 1.2. There are a plethora of other features available as well.
If this looks like something you’d like to try out, you can check out the XDA Thread for instructions on use, change logs and download links or you can just grab the application off the Android Market.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
T-Mobile employee and XDA user s3rv1cet3ch has leaked images that he claims are of the upcoming LG G4 Note, LG's answer to the Samsung Note series and 'big brother' to the G4. LG CEO Cho has been quoted as saying at a press meeting that the company would unveil the next flagship smartphone, G4, in the second quarter, and another high-end product in the second half. With the second quarter now just days away we could finally have a few hints of...
The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...