Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
Nook HD/HD+ Rooted, Galaxy Camera Open Source Bootloader, ARM in Linux Kernel 3.7! – XDA Developer TV
Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+ and root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190 are only two stories released this week at XDA. Our friend Jordan takes the time to round up all the important stories. Jordan talks about the the stable release of the Linux kernel with ARM support. In other XDA Developer TV releases, Jordan talks about XDA Developer TV Producer Erica’s Big Android BBQ video and Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler‘s Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II bootloader unlock, and XDA Developer TV Producer TK released a app review of Silence.
In CyanogenMod 10 news, Jordan talks about the release for the LG P350 and Optimus 3D. Also, Jordan mentions the Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 getting unofficial Cyanogen 10.1 releases as well. Many more devices get release this week so pull up a chair and check out this video to find out which ones did.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Original Transformer TF101 Receives 4.2.1 Port
- HTC EVO 4G LTE Gets Jelly Bean Sense 4.5 Port
- EVO 4G LTE Owners: Get Your Official JB Update Now
- Samsung Rugby Pro Gets Official TWRP, Rugby Smart Gets CM9, CM10
- LG P350 and Optimus 3D Receive CM10 Ports
- CM10 Makes Its Way to the Amaze 4G (At Long Last…)
- T-Mobile and AT&T Galaxy S III Get Unofficial CM10.1 Builds
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 For the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Unofficial CM10.1 Now Available on the Galaxy S III I9300
- Carrier Unlock the Sprint Galaxy S III
- Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+, Unofficial CM10 for the HD+
- Root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190
- Samsung Galaxy Camera Gets Open Source Bootloader
- Linux Kernel 3.7 Stable Released with ARM Support
- Big Android BBQ 2012: Interviews and Silliness! – XDA Developer TV
- Unlock the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II Bootloader – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.