Samsung has stated that with the new S6 and S6 Edge you will "not have to worry about battery life again" with their new faster charging. Just ten minutes of charging will allow for four hours of basic usage and a fully charged device should last you for 13 hours of video viewing. During the unpacked event, Gregory Wade said, “we didn't want to have a built-in battery until we were absolutely sure users would be comfortable.” Well, it appears...
Nook HD/HD+ Rooted, Galaxy Camera Open Source Bootloader, ARM in Linux Kernel 3.7! – XDA Developer TV
Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+ and root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190 are only two stories released this week at XDA. Our friend Jordan takes the time to round up all the important stories. Jordan talks about the the stable release of the Linux kernel with ARM support. In other XDA Developer TV releases, Jordan talks about XDA Developer TV Producer Erica’s Big Android BBQ video and Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler‘s Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II bootloader unlock, and XDA Developer TV Producer TK released a app review of Silence.
In CyanogenMod 10 news, Jordan talks about the release for the LG P350 and Optimus 3D. Also, Jordan mentions the Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 getting unofficial Cyanogen 10.1 releases as well. Many more devices get release this week so pull up a chair and check out this video to find out which ones did.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Original Transformer TF101 Receives 4.2.1 Port
- HTC EVO 4G LTE Gets Jelly Bean Sense 4.5 Port
- EVO 4G LTE Owners: Get Your Official JB Update Now
- Samsung Rugby Pro Gets Official TWRP, Rugby Smart Gets CM9, CM10
- LG P350 and Optimus 3D Receive CM10 Ports
- CM10 Makes Its Way to the Amaze 4G (At Long Last…)
- T-Mobile and AT&T Galaxy S III Get Unofficial CM10.1 Builds
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 For the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Unofficial CM10.1 Now Available on the Galaxy S III I9300
- Carrier Unlock the Sprint Galaxy S III
- Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+, Unofficial CM10 for the HD+
- Root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190
- Samsung Galaxy Camera Gets Open Source Bootloader
- Linux Kernel 3.7 Stable Released with ARM Support
- Big Android BBQ 2012: Interviews and Silliness! – XDA Developer TV
- Unlock the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II Bootloader – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung has announced their two new flagships, the S6 and the S6 Edge. Both devices will run using Samsung's new 64 bit 14 nm Finfet processor which is a worlds first for a smart phone. It is smaller more powerful and easier on the battery. The performance is 20% faster, consumes 35% less power and sees a 30% productivity gain over the chipset in the Galaxy Note 4 which is running at 20nm. The ram is DDR4 which should boost running memory...
The mobile payment sector is growing at a rapid pace, with Google Wallet, Apple Pay and Visa's solutions each vying for the top spot, but that race is about to heat up, as Samsung has announced their entry into the space with an initative called "Samsung Pay". While most mobile payment solution rely on NFC to make the transaction, 90% of US retailers don't support NFC and to combat this, Samsung introduces MST technology which allows users to use Samsung...