There are many things to love about the mobile industry, and when it comes to Android, I think one of them is that there's something for just about everyone. The OEMs of today cover many different demographics for those that want this, or that. And things like a phone's design aren't excluded either - but what I think is really interesting about this last bit is just how apparent the different approaches are. I'm not just talking about the aesthetics,...
Nook HD/HD+ Rooted, Galaxy Camera Open Source Bootloader, ARM in Linux Kernel 3.7! – XDA Developer TV
Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+ and root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190 are only two stories released this week at XDA. Our friend Jordan takes the time to round up all the important stories. Jordan talks about the the stable release of the Linux kernel with ARM support. In other XDA Developer TV releases, Jordan talks about XDA Developer TV Producer Erica’s Big Android BBQ video and Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler‘s Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II bootloader unlock, and XDA Developer TV Producer TK released a app review of Silence.
In CyanogenMod 10 news, Jordan talks about the release for the LG P350 and Optimus 3D. Also, Jordan mentions the Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 getting unofficial Cyanogen 10.1 releases as well. Many more devices get release this week so pull up a chair and check out this video to find out which ones did.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Original Transformer TF101 Receives 4.2.1 Port
- HTC EVO 4G LTE Gets Jelly Bean Sense 4.5 Port
- EVO 4G LTE Owners: Get Your Official JB Update Now
- Samsung Rugby Pro Gets Official TWRP, Rugby Smart Gets CM9, CM10
- LG P350 and Optimus 3D Receive CM10 Ports
- CM10 Makes Its Way to the Amaze 4G (At Long Last…)
- T-Mobile and AT&T Galaxy S III Get Unofficial CM10.1 Builds
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 For the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Unofficial CM10.1 Now Available on the Galaxy S III I9300
- Carrier Unlock the Sprint Galaxy S III
- Permanent Root for the Nook HD and HD+, Unofficial CM10 for the HD+
- Root for the Galaxy S III Mini I8190
- Samsung Galaxy Camera Gets Open Source Bootloader
- Linux Kernel 3.7 Stable Released with ARM Support
- Big Android BBQ 2012: Interviews and Silliness! – XDA Developer TV
- Unlock the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II Bootloader – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The FCC has ruled on Net Neutrality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Pebble Time Kickstarter and be sure to stay tuned for even more mobile world congress announcements! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday...
Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.