NookColor Auto Config
If you’re tired of having to manually configure the mods and settings for your Nook Color, look no further as XDA forum member Mistar Muffin has helpfully written a linux script to do it all for you.
The script automatically does the following:
- Enable APK installs directly on the device
- Enable Live Wallpapers
- Enable Multitouch for certain apps (Google Maps etc)
- Download and extract the Google Apps to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
- Download and install YouTube
- Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market
- Generate an AndroidID for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required
- Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would otherwise be hidden.
You will need to connect the Nook Color via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4GB internal partition and the SDcard before running the script.
For more information including how to download the script, head on over to the forum thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where we discuss the latest developments that hit the blogosphere, critique them and figure out what we can do to add a new or original point of view. We came to love this little virtual office, which sees messaging 24/7 due to the international nature of our team. The main problem that we have faced since early on is that Hangouts is not versatile enough for in-depth discussion. What...
With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and your friends to use. Hangouts, Whatsapp, Telegram and more are all battling it out for the number one spot. Let us know which IM client you think is best on Android and why.
Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of an Android factory reset security flaw and be sure to check out the article talking about the Nexus Player getting TWRP. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan covered the LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing video from TK released this weekend...