From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
NookColor Auto Config
If you’re tired of having to manually configure the mods and settings for your Nook Color, look no further as XDA forum member Mistar Muffin has helpfully written a linux script to do it all for you.
The script automatically does the following:
- Enable APK installs directly on the device
- Enable Live Wallpapers
- Enable Multitouch for certain apps (Google Maps etc)
- Download and extract the Google Apps to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
- Download and install YouTube
- Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market
- Generate an AndroidID for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required
- Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would otherwise be hidden.
You will need to connect the Nook Color via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4GB internal partition and the SDcard before running the script.
For more information including how to download the script, head on over to the forum thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...