We've received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the majority of users who make the jump see some type of improvement. But just how noticeable is this improvement in app performance? Let us know if switching to ART has brought noticeable changes to your device's performance.
Nvidia SHIELD Updated to KitKat, HTC One M8 S-Off, Nokia X’s First AOSP ROM – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat rolled out to the Nvidia SHIELD! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the story on how the Sprint HTC One M8 was updated to 1.54.651.8 and received a new extreme power savings mode and the news about the HTC One M8 receiving S-Off! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Crappalinks, as well as a video explaining everything you need to know about the new Amazon Fire TV. Finally, TK also gave us an Android App Review of the C Locker update. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Firewater Devs Release S-Off for the HTC One M8!
- Fully Convert Your GSM HTC One M8 into a Google Play Edition
- Functional TWRP Port Appears for the Verizon HTC One M8
- [OTA Captured] Sprint HTC One M8 Receives Update to 1.54.651.8, Gains Extreme Power Saving Mode
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 KitKat Arrives on the Verizon HTC One Max
- Nvidia Shield Receives Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, Brings Remote Game Stream Beta
- Nokia X Receives its First Source-Built Custom ROM
- Forum Added for the Amazon Fire TV
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: CrappaLinks – XDA Developer TV
- Amazon Fire TV: What You Need to Know – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: C Locker – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. From favoring their inhouse Exynos 7 SoC over the Snapdragon 810 SoC (which ended up causing issues to its main rival); to ditching the removable battery and micro sd card slot in favor of a more "premium" device, the flagship duo have a lot going on for them at this stage. Regarding the premium redesign which replaced plastic with metal and glass,...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! CyanogenMod is widely recognized across XDA for its solid performance, great feature set and far-reaching (and also long-lasting) support for all sorts of devices, from...