There are so many Power Banks out there. However, they are not all the same. Some sacrifice weight for capacity. Others do the opposite. Some come with two ports and some come with more, while others come with less. Some are just batteries with a case around it, but others have some unique features. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews the RAVPower RP-WD02 Wireless Filehub & Portable Travel Router. This device is the successor to the RP-WD01...
Nvidia SHIELD Updated to KitKat, HTC One M8 S-Off, Nokia X’s First AOSP ROM – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat rolled out to the Nvidia SHIELD! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the story on how the Sprint HTC One M8 was updated to 1.54.651.8 and received a new extreme power savings mode and the news about the HTC One M8 receiving S-Off! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Crappalinks, as well as a video explaining everything you need to know about the new Amazon Fire TV. Finally, TK also gave us an Android App Review of the C Locker update. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Firewater Devs Release S-Off for the HTC One M8!
- Fully Convert Your GSM HTC One M8 into a Google Play Edition
- Functional TWRP Port Appears for the Verizon HTC One M8
- [OTA Captured] Sprint HTC One M8 Receives Update to 1.54.651.8, Gains Extreme Power Saving Mode
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 KitKat Arrives on the Verizon HTC One Max
- Nvidia Shield Receives Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, Brings Remote Game Stream Beta
- Nokia X Receives its First Source-Built Custom ROM
- Forum Added for the Amazon Fire TV
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: CrappaLinks – XDA Developer TV
- Amazon Fire TV: What You Need to Know – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: C Locker – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...