The FCC has ruled on Net Neutrality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Pebble Time Kickstarter and be sure to stay tuned for even more mobile world congress announcements! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday...
Obtain the Feedback You Need with General Feedback Tool
Nothing’s harder than debugging a problem without all of the right information at your disposal. After all, fixing whatever issue you have to deal with is hard enough. There’s no need to complicate things by not truly understanding what’s going on. That’s why developers rightfully ask for log information when issues do arise, and why we’ve covered tools to do this several times in the past.
If you happen to be looking for yet another way to make sure that your users are able to pull all of the information you desire, XDA Forum Member TheUntouchable created a Windows-based utility that pulls almost anything you could need in debugging your app. Designed for end users who have little experience with ADB, General Feedback Tool makes it easy for these users to give you meaningful debug information. So, what does the utility pull? Quite a bit. As stated by the developer, the app pulls:
- Rom Version Shows the name and version of your current rom
- Kernel Version Shows the name and version of your current kernel
- Ram Usage Shows the current ram usage
- Swap Partition information If a swap partition is used, it will show you the current useage of it
- Swappiness Shows the ratio that the kernel tells how much the swap file should be used
- Running Prozesses Shows the current running prozesses
- Current Kernel Log Shows the current kernel log
- Last Kernel Log Shows the kernel log that was written till the last reboot
- CPU Type (not all devices) Shows the cpu type of your device. Higher means better and more uv is possible.
- Logcat Shows the current logcat
- Init.d Folder Content Shows the content of the init.d folder. This scripts are always executed when your phone is booting.
- LMK Config Shows the configuration for the low memory killer.
- Baseband and Ril Version Shows the current versions of the baseband and ril of your phone
- Panel Type (not all devices) Shows the panel type of your phone (HTC Sensation for example)
Getting started is no more difficult than sending your app’s frustrated users over to the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...