T-Mobile employee and XDA user s3rv1cet3ch has leaked images that he claims are of the upcoming LG G4 Note, LG's answer to the Samsung Note series and 'big brother' to the G4. LG CEO Cho has been quoted as saying at a press meeting that the company would unveil the next flagship smartphone, G4, in the second quarter, and another high-end product in the second half. With the second quarter now just days away we could finally have a few hints of...
Odex with Ease Using Auto Odexer
When customizing a ROM, decisions have to be made. One of the more interesting decisions to make is whether or not to odex. In odexing, an ODEX file is created and located next to its respective APK, allowing the relevant information to be quickly loaded into the Dalvik VM. The downside to this is that the ability to theme that application is greatly reduced. While the system APKs are odexed by default from the factory, other applications are not. For those not interested in theming and who want to odex a single, specific file, the process can be daunting.
Thanks to XDA Forum Member alkhafaf, developers can now odex with ease thanks to his Auto Odexer Script. Using it is simple. Extract the downloaded file to a folder then:
1. First put the original odex and apk (or jar) file in the “original” folder.
2. Put your modded deodexed apk (or jar) file in the “mod” folder
3. If you modified any file in the (res) folder of the deodexed apk (or jar) or u made any editing to xml files then drag
these files from the deodexed apk (or jar) and drop them in the original apk (or jar) (if u made changes to xml files, then drag the resources.arsc to the original apk (or jar) file). Use 7zip for this operation.
4. Connect your phone with usb and make sure adb is working. ( and don’t forget to check the USB Debugging in the settings of your device).
5. It is better that you boot in recovery mod, specially when odexing framework files.
6. Now run the script, choose the one for apk or for the jar, according to file you want to odex.
7. after the script opens, write the name of the apk (or jar) file without the .apk (or .jar)
The process is very easy and intuitive for the end-user. So those of you looking to do some odexing, head on over to the original thread and give this bad boy a spin.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...
OnePlus is one of those companies that appear one day and next thing you know, they are all over the internet. Their original OnePlus One phone was a major success in the mobile space due to its low price yet remarkable specifications - the ultimate goal of the company and their “Never Settle” slogan. We love talking about “the little OEM that could”, not necessarily because they are good or bad, but because their business and marketing strategies are very...