OpenMobileMaps v1.2 – finger-friendly maps application
As an alternative to Google Maps, xda-member Cipher is developing a new, finger-friendly app called OpenMobileMaps.
OpenMobileMaps uses data provided by OpenStreetMap.org, an opensource initiative which is made by people like you and me and allows you to use a free, editable world map.
Originally posted by Cipher
- showing map in fullscreen
- finger friendly user interface
- map tiles are automatically downloaded if internet connection is available
- map tiles are stored locally for offline use
- GPS support and GSM triangulation
- show actual position on map
- follow-mode to automatically scroll the map
- search addresses (testing)
- calculate routes (not yet implemented)
- gps and gsm tracking (not yet implemented)
- choose between different OSM servers (not yet implemented)
Continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!