As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
OpenWatch v0.4.1 Released for Android
OpenWatch allows a bluetooth enabled watch to connect with your cellphone. It is now available for Android!
Originally Posted by moneytooSee OpenWatch VIDEO!
– Device running Android 2.0 or newer
– Sony Ericsson MBW-100/150/200
– or Prada Link (limited support – currently missing message list and some notifications)
– Motorola Droid
– Nexus One
– T-Mobile G1/HTC Dream (Android 2.0/2.1 builds with BT support)
– Start on boot
– Call notification (name or number)
– SMS notification (name or number and text preview)
– MMS notification
– Media player control (play/pause, next/previous track, volume up/down)
– Music info (track and artist)
– Gmail notification (sender and subject)
– K-9 mail notification (sender and subject)
– Calendar notification (time and event name)
– Alarm notification
– IM notification (Mundu IM – sender and text preview, Hi AIM/MSN/Yahoo)
– Display number of unread SMS+MMS, Gmail, missed calls, battery
– Ability to Silence ringer on incoming call
– English, Russian, Greek, German, Swedish, Norwegian, French, Czech fonts
– Slovak, Polish accents stripping
– Any language support for mail/sms/music/appointment (Chinese, Japanese, Korean…)
– English, German and Czech localization (contact me if you want to translate the text or improve it)
– Notification bar icon
– API for developers (receive button events and display text/envelope on watch, make it vibrate)
– Graphical logos (96×16 BMP)
– Customizable screen
Continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...