According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...
Organise your Shopping and To-Do List with Out of Milk
Out of Milk is an intuitive and easy to use Shopping List, Spice Rack, and To-Do List application for your mobile Android device.
Developed by XDA forum member marvinp, Out of Milk is the dev’s first Android app and hence is looking for any feedback. Version 1.3 has been released to the Market with Cupcake and upwards supported.
Features of the app include:
- Take your Shopping Lists with you everywhere in an intuitive and easy to use package.
- Scan products directly into your Shopping Lists using the integration with the Barcode Scanner.
- An auto-complete database makes adding grocery items a breeze.
- The digital Spice Rack means you always know what spices are in your spice cabinet.
- The To-Do List lets you add and keep track of any other items on your daily list.
- Multiple Shopping Lists and To-Do lists.
- Share your Shopping Lists and To-Do lists by email or text message.
- Reorder you list items on the fly.
For more information, head on over to the application thread. Out of Milk is available to download for free in the Market.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Many people are under the impression that once Apple finally launches its smartwatch, the market for wearables will suddenly become mainstream and be taken to the next level. Taking an idea that already exists and making it incredibly successful isn't something new to Apple, but does the Apple Watch have what it takes? The wearable hasn't even shipped yet, but has already won multiple awards and has been featured on numerous fashion magazine covers. Do you think the Apple Watch will be a huge success? Let us know your thoughts.
The smartphone landscape is drastically changing its focus. What was once a North-America-centric monopoly of high-specification phones is now merely an afterimage of the past. The meat of the game is elsewhere now; emerging markets looking for good bang-for-buck are what OEMs are increasingly aiming towards, and in this new game the old players must adapt-or-die. Xiaomi has grown at one of the most notable rates in the industry, leading it to become the world's most valuable start-up; and its...