CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of factory images for the YU Yureka and be sure to check out the article talking about Microsoft investing in Cyanogen, Inc! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA...
Organise your Shopping and To-Do List with Out of Milk
Out of Milk is an intuitive and easy to use Shopping List, Spice Rack, and To-Do List application for your mobile Android device.
Developed by XDA forum member marvinp, Out of Milk is the dev’s first Android app and hence is looking for any feedback. Version 1.3 has been released to the Market with Cupcake and upwards supported.
Features of the app include:
- Take your Shopping Lists with you everywhere in an intuitive and easy to use package.
- Scan products directly into your Shopping Lists using the integration with the Barcode Scanner.
- An auto-complete database makes adding grocery items a breeze.
- The digital Spice Rack means you always know what spices are in your spice cabinet.
- The To-Do List lets you add and keep track of any other items on your daily list.
- Multiple Shopping Lists and To-Do lists.
- Share your Shopping Lists and To-Do lists by email or text message.
- Reorder you list items on the fly.
For more information, head on over to the application thread. Out of Milk is available to download for free in the Market.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Reports indicate that Microsoft is investing in the rogue Android forker Cyanogen. The funding round is said to be upwards of $70 million, and could allow for a cooperation between Cyanogen and the Silicon Valley giant in the ongoing battle of mobile operating systems. This could be a strategic movement in coordination with other investors given Cyanogen's expression of rebellion against Google's tightening control over Android, as the custom ROM maker has recently spoken out against the "tyranny" of Google in regards...
Reports keep iterating over the rumors that Samsung has been trimming down TouchWiz for its upcoming devices. After years of customer complaints, particularly from power users, Samsung seems to finally have taken initiative towards cracking down the stutters that often plague some of its devices, particularly older ones or those that see a long life without clean-ups. But even handsets like the Galaxy S5 managed to be outperformed by low range devices. Android enthusiasts as a whole took disdain in Samsung's...