Phone Mods Section of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit Released Independently
Most users of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus have heard of the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit. With a variety of features like auto-installation of Samsung drivers, and backing up and restoring data down to even dumping logs to your desktop, the Toolkit brings a lot of functionality and help to users. With the Toolkit at version 6.0 now, the Toolkit has donned many additional features thanks to the work of XDA Recognized Developer and Senior Moderator mskip.
With the update, mskip has also spun off one part of the toolkit for standalone use. Instead of dealing with computer to phone communication and functionality, the Phone Mods Section deals specifically with features, settings and modifications of just the Galaxy Nexus itself.
This is all part of the Galaxy Nexus ToolKit but I have made a new Thread for people who may not have noticed it, people who didnt need the ToolKit but may find some of the Mods useful or just people who want to talk about the Phone Mods specifically.
FUNCTIONS OF THE PHONE MODS SECTION V1.6 [GSM + LTE][23RD APRIL 2012]
- Change the Screen Density (DPI)
- CWM Recovery, Only 1 No in the Confirmation Screen
- Camera Sounds (Disable/Enable Camera Shutter, Video Camera Shutter, Focus)
- Camera Enhancements (Increase Video Bitrate, Sound Bitrate, Photo Quality)
- Change WiFi Scan Interval (Time between scanning for new Wifi Access Points)
- Startup Boot Animation Screen (Disable/Enable which affects Boot Time)
- Screen Colour Control (Change Gamma Offset and Colour Multiplier)
As noted in the instructions, users will have to have an insecure boot image in order to use most of these modifications. Worry not, however, as it’s part of the original Toolkit, so it’s a matter of switching over a couple of menus to get started.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!