ProxyDroid: Hide Yourself
Anonymity is something that has been strived for ever since information could be intercepted. From the days of mail couriers to the founding of mobile banking, remaining anonymous has been critical to success. Mobile platforms are obviously difficult to keep secure.
ProxyDroid hopes to help with that. Created by cmadeye, ProxyDroid is an Android app that is specifically designed to keep your browsing safe. According to cmadeye the app:
1. Support HTTP / HTTPS / SOCKS4 / SOCKS5 proxy
2. Support basic / NTLM / NTLMv2 authentication methods
3. Individual proxy for only one or several apps
4. Multiple profiles support
5. Bind configuration to WIFI’s SSID / Mobile Network (2G / 3G)
6. Widgets for quickly switching on/off proxy
7. Low battery and memory consumption (written in C and compiled as native binary)
8. Bypass custom IP address
9. DNS proxy for guys behind the firewall that disallows to resolve external addresses
10. PAC file support (only basic support, thanks to Rhino)
The app is for advanced ROOT users only, so please keep this in mind. If you don’t know what a Proxy is please read this. So head on over and check it out here and cruise the net with peace of mind.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There is a number of other great sites that cover Android, so we're wondering which other sites our community likes to frequent. Tell us your favorite Android website and what about the site that makes it your favorite.
By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager to learn and the bold. Everyday we see innovation and brilliant ideas across the site, from this we know that many of you have great insight in to your respective fields. That is why today, I am honored to announce a new project that will allow us to work with you directly to have your views and thoughts expressed clearer than ever. Introducing: ...
Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of Sony cutting the price of the Xperia Z1 and be sure to check out the article talking about the YotaPhone 2 Indiegogo pre-order. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA...