Previously I talked about the Pebble Time Kickstarter, and why I thought it was the most practical smartwatch to buy in 2015, and that I decided to be an early backer on Kickstarter. Well as of this morning an interesting development has come from my - currently - favorite smartwatch company. They will release the Pebble Time Steel variant alongside the regular Pebble, instead of say a whole release cycle down the road. The accompanying announcement along with the Steel,...
Quick Settings for All – XDA Developer TV
XDA is the place to go for your rooting and custom ROM needs. We all know custom ROMs add cool features, and having the latest version of Android does as well. One of the great features in the latest version is Quick Settings toggle page. But what if you haven’t gotten around to rooting your device or you can’t since it’s your work device? What if it’s your mom’s phone and she won’t let you root it?
In today’s video, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin shows off AntTek Quick Settings. Kevin shows you how to set up a Quick Settings panel on your stock, unrooted device. Now you can have quick access to your settings or apps without the hassle of rooting your Grandmother’s smartphone. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- All-In-One Android Toolkit with Advanced Mobile Care – XDA Developer TV
- Use NFC Tags to Trigger Events with NFC Launcher – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The LG G Pro Lite D680 is a budget phone that was released in 2013 alongside the LG Optimus G Pro, LG's 2013 flagship device. Unfortunately, it hasn't received much development attention so far… but XDA Recognized Developer laufersteppenwolf has now released an unsecured boot.img along with a CWM recovery. This is despite the bootloader being locked (which means there's no need for you to void your warranty!), and marks the first step towards custom ROM and kernel development for...
Samsung's latest and greatest, the Galaxy S6 Edge, is drastically different from any Samsung flagship that has come before it. The Korean giant took a very different approach when designing this little beast, creating quite the debate among android enthusiasts about whether this is really the next big thing or not. Is the Galaxy S6 Edge true innovation, or Samsung's desperate attempt to be different? Let us know what you think!