As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
ROM update WM6.1 with RealVGA FKB SRS for Universal
XDA member thingonaspring is a very well known person in the Universal forums, and now he has updated his great 6.1 ROM, but this time he has included Real VGA! The upgrade includes, amongst other things, great stability improvements, it seems this great device is still alive!
Originally posted by thingonaspring
A lot has changed for this version, that’s why it’s jumped a bit to v2.x.
ROM changes for v2.3
- Reorganised XIP. Crypt32.dll moved to IMGFS (saving 460kb RAM), wince.nls moved to XIP (losing 260kb RAM). Net gain 200kb of physical RAM and a nice speedup from wince.nls being loaded into XIP
- Modified boot registry to load devicestacks more intelligently (saving RAM) and restricted some core drivers to remain in pagepool and link exclusively to device.exe (much faster and should save some power)
- Hardware Buttons tweaked, added voice record on press+hold record, wirelessmgr on light button and assigned proper icons to all buttons
- Fix added for some situations where STK wouldn’t work
- Added sensible delay to up/down slider
- Hidden encryption control panel, it’s not supported so there’s no point seeing it
- Hidden error reporting control panel, not supported
- Fixed LZX compression in the kitchen
- Downsized today backdrop to save some ram (it’s now 4 tiles instead of one big image)
- Added call recording option to phone, just select “record” during phone conversation
- Rebuilt bluetooth support using drivers from HTC Athena, registry settings overhauled, A2DP works much better now. It may jump when a headset is first connected. Just disconnect/reconnect to fix this.
ROM changes for v2.21
- FingerKB updated with multi-language support and a different skin (again by giannis86). Skin graphics optimised to 8-bit BMP to save resources.
- FingerKBConfig now works, goto Settings->input->options and select input languages, configure smileys and all that good stuff.
- AE Buttons plus now supported due to a slightly different keyboard driver. Tested with backlight button launching 3 seperate apps depending on how many times the button is pressed.
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...