We are delighted to announce that starting on April 20th, a finalized deal with Google will make XDA Developers a software development division for the beloved search giant. This exciting transition will start as early as next week, where new XDA Talent Scouts from Google will browse our forums and reward the best contributors and offer them software development or design positions as well. A new set of XDA Forum Moderators from Google’s Legal Department will also make sure that...
ROM update WM6.1 with RealVGA FKB SRS for Universal
XDA member thingonaspring is a very well known person in the Universal forums, and now he has updated his great 6.1 ROM, but this time he has included Real VGA! The upgrade includes, amongst other things, great stability improvements, it seems this great device is still alive!
Originally posted by thingonaspring
A lot has changed for this version, that’s why it’s jumped a bit to v2.x.
ROM changes for v2.3
- Reorganised XIP. Crypt32.dll moved to IMGFS (saving 460kb RAM), wince.nls moved to XIP (losing 260kb RAM). Net gain 200kb of physical RAM and a nice speedup from wince.nls being loaded into XIP
- Modified boot registry to load devicestacks more intelligently (saving RAM) and restricted some core drivers to remain in pagepool and link exclusively to device.exe (much faster and should save some power)
- Hardware Buttons tweaked, added voice record on press+hold record, wirelessmgr on light button and assigned proper icons to all buttons
- Fix added for some situations where STK wouldn’t work
- Added sensible delay to up/down slider
- Hidden encryption control panel, it’s not supported so there’s no point seeing it
- Hidden error reporting control panel, not supported
- Fixed LZX compression in the kitchen
- Downsized today backdrop to save some ram (it’s now 4 tiles instead of one big image)
- Added call recording option to phone, just select “record” during phone conversation
- Rebuilt bluetooth support using drivers from HTC Athena, registry settings overhauled, A2DP works much better now. It may jump when a headset is first connected. Just disconnect/reconnect to fix this.
ROM changes for v2.21
- FingerKB updated with multi-language support and a different skin (again by giannis86). Skin graphics optimised to 8-bit BMP to save resources.
- FingerKBConfig now works, goto Settings->input->options and select input languages, configure smileys and all that good stuff.
- AE Buttons plus now supported due to a slightly different keyboard driver. Tested with backlight button launching 3 seperate apps depending on how many times the button is pressed.
For more information continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether we're using Android or iOS. The look of the lockscreen depends on the Android version, device manufacturer or ROM chef. In short, it differs for almost every user. Luckily enough, users can use third party alternatives that bring more features. One such application is Hi Locker, developed by XDA Senior Member thotran7989. Hi Locker can be found both on the Play store and...
Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we think are so great and useful that you must have them. We’ve given this title to such programs as Pushbullet, Light Flow, Helium, the AROMA File Manager, ROM Toolbox and Pocket Casts. But today we have an app that surpasses them all. Former XDA TV Producer Adam Outler offers up a must have application. In this video, XDA TV Producer...