With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
RSS Central For WP7
If you’re looking for a simple and clean RSS application for your WP7 device, take a look at XDA forum member AdamDawes‘s powerful and easy to use application.
RSS Central can download and display RSS, Atom and RDF news feeds from many websites and holds on to them so that you can read them even without an internet connection.
The trial version is fully featured with occasional ‘nag’ screens when using the application.
Key features are:
- Attractive and functional Windows Phone 7-style user interface.
- Streamlined navigation to make using the app as quick and easy as possible.
- Fast application startup to get you straight into your feeds without having to wait.
- Create categories to group your news feeds together for easier browsing.
- Feed search function to help you discover new feeds and news sources.
- Quick display of article summaries, or show the full article content with just one touch.
- Search for keywords within feeds to help you find articles of interest.
- “Minimum refresh time” prevents unnecessary re-downloading of unchanged feeds.
- Automatic tracking of read and unread articles. Choose to hide read articles and read subsciptions if you wish.
- Full support for international character sets.
- Quickly and easily send the details of interesting articles as an email message.
- Full support for portrait and landscape orientation.
For more information, visit the application thread. RSS Central trial version is available to download free from the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...