Samsung Galaxy Camera Achieves Root
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is without a doubt one of the most niche devices to be given a home here on XDA. Half point-and-shoot camera and half tablet, most potential consumers will either love it or hate it. Thankfully for those who love it, you’re in the company of XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler.
You see, the esteemed XDA unboxer, box maker, and developer extraordinaire has decided to release a root guide for the device, using CF AutoRoot by fellow Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire. To use it simply download and:
- unzip the CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 from the zip package to a place you can find it.
- Launch the Odin3 application
- place CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 in the “PDA” section
- Put your device into Download Mode:
Remove and replace the battery.
Press “Volume down+Camera+Power”.
- Connect your device to your machine
- click start
Once ODIN has done its thing, you should be rooted. If you own the device and are looking to obtain root, head on over to the original thread and give this a spin.