According to myLGphones, a version of the LG G4 will not feature neither a 2K nor a 4K display - but 3K. If you are anything like me, your reaction to this news will be confusion. While we don't have many details about the sources of this leak, it has apparently been confirmed true by a poster at hardare.fr that gave some more details on model names for each version of the upcoming LG flagship. However, these leaks don't point towards all G4...
Save Your Hardware Buttons, Lose the Heartache With 4EXT Recovery Touch
Up, up, down, down, menu, back, power. Sound familiar? If you’ve ever used a standard Android recovery, I’m sure it does. Why is it that accessing the recovery partition on a modern, touch-screen device feels a little like entering the Konami code? Thanks to 4EXT Recovery Touch by XDA forum member madmaxx82, this is no longer the case for the HTC Sensation, Desire S, Incredible S / 2, Desire HD / Inspire 4G, and Desire Z /G2.
Making full use of the your touchscreen, EXT4 Recovery Touch allows you to accomplish all the typical Android recovery fare in a touch-friendly manner. Additionally, the recovery is extremely themeable, meaning that you can customize the recovery to your heart’s delight. If that’s not enough, the recovery even detects and displays your local time. Those concerned about performance needn’t worry, as the developer assures us that speed is unhindered due to the asynchronous UI rendering and a low overhead. The feature list, according to the developer:
- includes all of the many features from 4EXT Recovery Classic, see 2nd post
- brand new user interface: “4EXT UI”
- touchscreen only!
- extreme theming capabilities!
- nearly ALL YOU SEE is changeable.
- “worker bar”: create your own custom animations, there are (nearly) no limits! Use any shapes/sizes/animations et.c.
- extra low cpu needed for that: absolutely no negative impact on backup/restore speed.
- async UI rendering for optimal performance for the “heavy tasks” like backup/restore
- based upon the extremely, rock solid version 4EXT Recovery Classic v2.2.7 RC5
- with little enhancements: “preserve theme” now works
- Detects your local time zone
- Displays your local time
- Correct time is used for backups you start from within recovery
- .. explore the new interface to see more
Looking to get in on the action? Just head over to the appropriate recovery threads to get started:Whiskey103 for the heads up!]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
All of us here at XDA appreciate just how far Android has come. The incredible flagships of today come packed with bleeding edge technology and are hard to complain about, but it wasn't always like this. Tell us about the worst Android phone you've ever owned, and what made it so dreadful.
CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of factory images for the YU Yureka and be sure to check out the article talking about Microsoft investing in Cyanogen, Inc! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA...