OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a game-changer which isn't a tablet or a smartwatch. While speculations were rife about what this game-changing device could be, the company did confirm that the product was indeed a drone in their recent AMA. A tweet and vine from OnePlus shed some more light on this product, which was confirmed to be named as DR-1 (dr-one, get it?) and was to reach stores "next month". In a...
Save Your Hardware Buttons, Lose the Heartache With 4EXT Recovery Touch
Up, up, down, down, menu, back, power. Sound familiar? If you’ve ever used a standard Android recovery, I’m sure it does. Why is it that accessing the recovery partition on a modern, touch-screen device feels a little like entering the Konami code? Thanks to 4EXT Recovery Touch by XDA forum member madmaxx82, this is no longer the case for the HTC Sensation, Desire S, Incredible S / 2, Desire HD / Inspire 4G, and Desire Z /G2.
Making full use of the your touchscreen, EXT4 Recovery Touch allows you to accomplish all the typical Android recovery fare in a touch-friendly manner. Additionally, the recovery is extremely themeable, meaning that you can customize the recovery to your heart’s delight. If that’s not enough, the recovery even detects and displays your local time. Those concerned about performance needn’t worry, as the developer assures us that speed is unhindered due to the asynchronous UI rendering and a low overhead. The feature list, according to the developer:
- includes all of the many features from 4EXT Recovery Classic, see 2nd post
- brand new user interface: “4EXT UI”
- touchscreen only!
- extreme theming capabilities!
- nearly ALL YOU SEE is changeable.
- “worker bar”: create your own custom animations, there are (nearly) no limits! Use any shapes/sizes/animations et.c.
- extra low cpu needed for that: absolutely no negative impact on backup/restore speed.
- async UI rendering for optimal performance for the “heavy tasks” like backup/restore
- based upon the extremely, rock solid version 4EXT Recovery Classic v2.2.7 RC5
- with little enhancements: “preserve theme” now works
- Detects your local time zone
- Displays your local time
- Correct time is used for backups you start from within recovery
- .. explore the new interface to see more
Looking to get in on the action? Just head over to the appropriate recovery threads to get started:Whiskey103 for the heads up!]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...