There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
Share Apps Across Multiple Users on the Nexus 7
One of the more talked about features of Jelly Bean 4.2 is the ability to switch users. It started as a hidden feature in earlier versions, and has become a full blown feature in Android 4.2. While it has caused some issues for some, the functionality itself is awesome. Now, there is a method to not only share devices with multiple accounts, but share apps across accounts on the Nexus 7.
XDA Forum Member jeepguy04 released an application that will allow users to share applications across multiple accounts on their Nexus 7. This is much like standard operating systems that lets all users access apps at the admin account’s discretion. The features, known issues, and other details about the app include:
- This is BETA
-You must have ROOT
– This changes system data on non documented files it could screw something up.
– I’m not responsible for any problems this causes or lost data or bricked or broken devices
– please use cation
– it is currently built to run on main user to enable or disable apps on secondary users (once root is fully working on secondary users I will see about making it run correctly on secondary user’s account)
– not tested thoroughly with paid apps*
– does not currently support system apps**
– due to the way I pull the app list from the package manager some installed apps may not show as available to add/remove
– apps installed first on a secondary user’s profile will probably not show in the list to add/remove
For paid applications, jeepguy04 believes that Google’s verification system will prevent multiple users with multiple Google accounts use paid apps. That said, we strongly suggest re-purchasing all apps that are to be shared across the accounts, even if the inherent verification system fails.
To learn more about the mod, go to the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...