Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
Slide2Unlock2 2.41 Released
Xda-dev member A_C has released yet another update to his ever popular locking application for Windows Mobile. This locker seems to be getting better and better as time goes by, and by no means an update for this application is trivial. There’s always a good number of reasons why to upgrade and this is not an exception. As usual, this version is compatible with many other softwares, including A_C’s very own S2V and S2P.
Changes in v2.41
- added support to use Facebook pic of Manila as CallerID pic.
- added alignment option for Clock/Date (S2U2 Settings > Information).
- added option to exclude ActiveSync email as unread email (S2U2 Settings > Information).
- fixed the reminder would still vibrate if the device had switched to silent mode.
- fixed the reminder period would not work if sleep S2P had activated.
- fixed Appointment’s note could not be shown in the pop-up when it’s too long.
- fixed occasionally dialing a call was not locked even “Lock on Talk” was turned on.
- fine tuned some misbehavior when “Proximity Sensor” was used.
- fixed some duplicated translation tags.
- a few minor bugs fixed.
If you would like to follow the development, continue on to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.