Unfortunately there was a memory leak in Android 5.0.x Lollipop. Thankfully it was fixed in Android 5.1. However, at the time of this video Xposed Framework doesn’t have Android 5.1 support. So you are faced with a choice of fixing the memory leak or running your Xposed Modules. Or are you? In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds the Android 5.1 memory fix to pre 5.1 Lollipop devices. The module...
SmartCloset Helps Make Android More Gender-Neutral
While we all know that Android is more than a tad male dominated, it’s nice to see that some developers produce apps geared for the fairer sex. XDA forum member masteroid has done exactly this with Smart Closet, a virtual repository of your entire wardrobe. By allowing you to take pictures of, tag, and email pictures of your outfit arsenal; this application help prevent unfortunate fashion failures. Furthermore, this application even keeps tabs on which outfits you use the most!
In the words of the developer:
- Easy to administer. Make a photo of things you wear, tag them for a fast search option, and here you have it, wardrobe in a phone.
- Easier to check. Take a click at blouse you liked in the shop and check if it fits anything you have.
- Easier to know. Check up statistics on what items you wear the most, or which aren’t up to credit.
- Ask a friend. Unsure which top should you wear with that skirt? Or make it shorts? Ask a friend over MMS, e-mail or by other ways.
- Plan it through. A business meeting at lunch, Romantic dinner in the evening and an all-night party with a friend? Don’t puzzle over – plan it. In diary with notes for events and outfit’s to wear.
- Hope more features coming up…
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best smartphones of 2014. The Global Mobile Awards given out during the time of MWC 2015 named it the Smartphone of The Year (SOTY?) alongside the iPhone 6, and at the time of its release it packed the very best in Android specifications, from the powerful Snapdragon 801 to the class-leading 1440p display. The camera, battery life and feature set were also deemed...
You've probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your resolution or a custom WhatsApp version with added features. How do developers do that, though? A lot of the time, the applications' source code isn't even available, so how does it all work? We'll see that first, then take a look at a new tool that aims to make the process much easier, and finally compare it to the popular Xposed framework to see how they...