From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
SmartCloset Helps Make Android More Gender-Neutral
While we all know that Android is more than a tad male dominated, it’s nice to see that some developers produce apps geared for the fairer sex. XDA forum member masteroid has done exactly this with Smart Closet, a virtual repository of your entire wardrobe. By allowing you to take pictures of, tag, and email pictures of your outfit arsenal; this application help prevent unfortunate fashion failures. Furthermore, this application even keeps tabs on which outfits you use the most!
In the words of the developer:
- Easy to administer. Make a photo of things you wear, tag them for a fast search option, and here you have it, wardrobe in a phone.
- Easier to check. Take a click at blouse you liked in the shop and check if it fits anything you have.
- Easier to know. Check up statistics on what items you wear the most, or which aren’t up to credit.
- Ask a friend. Unsure which top should you wear with that skirt? Or make it shorts? Ask a friend over MMS, e-mail or by other ways.
- Plan it through. A business meeting at lunch, Romantic dinner in the evening and an all-night party with a friend? Don’t puzzle over – plan it. In diary with notes for events and outfit’s to wear.
- Hope more features coming up…
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...