Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
SmartCloset Helps Make Android More Gender-Neutral
While we all know that Android is more than a tad male dominated, it’s nice to see that some developers produce apps geared for the fairer sex. XDA forum member masteroid has done exactly this with Smart Closet, a virtual repository of your entire wardrobe. By allowing you to take pictures of, tag, and email pictures of your outfit arsenal; this application help prevent unfortunate fashion failures. Furthermore, this application even keeps tabs on which outfits you use the most!
In the words of the developer:
- Easy to administer. Make a photo of things you wear, tag them for a fast search option, and here you have it, wardrobe in a phone.
- Easier to check. Take a click at blouse you liked in the shop and check if it fits anything you have.
- Easier to know. Check up statistics on what items you wear the most, or which aren’t up to credit.
- Ask a friend. Unsure which top should you wear with that skirt? Or make it shorts? Ask a friend over MMS, e-mail or by other ways.
- Plan it through. A business meeting at lunch, Romantic dinner in the evening and an all-night party with a friend? Don’t puzzle over – plan it. In diary with notes for events and outfit’s to wear.
- Hope more features coming up…
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.