There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
Sony Cross-Device Development Pilot
Today we are very excited to announce a new pilot program that will go live in the next few days. Given the emergence and increasing popularity of One-Click-Tools and Toolboxes, many developers faced a problem: Where do I put my thread if the tool is compatible with multiple devices?
Until now, you had three possibilities where each one had its own flaws:
- General Android development (not many people search for Sony toolboxes in this forum → limited visibility)
- Just a single device development forum (again, limited visibility for all the other devices)
- One thread per supported device (Easily mistaken as spamming the forum and only possible in a few limited cases)
We hope to solve this issue with the introduction of a cross-device development forum. For now, this will only cover a few Sony devices. But if the pilot is successful, we plan on adding other OEMs as well. So here’s how it works:
- We have created a separate forum for Sony cross-device development projects
- Each of the supported devices received a new subforum, which is in fact just a link to that forum mentioned above. Example: Xperia Z
- If you are the developer of a cross-device tool, you can create a thread in the new forum or ask a moderator to move your existing thread there
Obviously this new forum has a very strict set of rules to keep it clean:
- Only development threads are allowed, and no random chatter, requests, OT, etc
- You are only allowed to post if your project is compatible with multiple devices (two or more, for example Xperia Z and ZL)
- Your thread needs to clearly show which devices it’s meant for, and this information needs to be very visible (if possible, place it in the title as well)
- If your development project is likely to generate a lot of device-specific chatter (like device specific bugs) and you don’t want to have all that in one thread, you might want to think about creating device-specific threads (contact your forum moderator and ask for advice)
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...