To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
ssLauncher Brings a Unique Look to the Launcher Market
Launchers hold a special place in the Android world as the application that all Android users use the most. The homescreens, the dock, the app drawer, all of it is apart of the launcher experience and you literally cannot turn your device on without encountering the launcher.
As it stands, there are a number of launchers in the Android market and several of them are famously popular. LauncherPro, ADW and Espier to name a few. However, there is a new launcher looking to make some waves of its own.
Enter ssLauncher, a unique, reportedly lightweight and free launcher in the Android Market. Among some of the usual features that come with a launcher, such as having customizable themes, is that the launcher makes the home screens on the device look like pages in a magazine. The full feature list includes:
- Decorate screen with a variety of styles for shortcuts and widgets.
– Easy and quick access to pages for contacts, bookmarks, application drawer, application group.
– Many useful features of application drawer: showing/hiding app, marking star for favorites apps, changing application icon and name, uninstalling app and so on
– Create application group and manage list by drag and drop.
– Save and load your theme, page layouts and settings.
– Convert the saved theme file to apk. (contact us by e-mail for more informations)
– Hide status bar, open status bar by swiping down.
– You can implement nice screen without launcher 7, dvr, minimalistic text, wp clock, clockr etc.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...
Only a few years ago, it was normal for a major app release to be available for iOS but come months later to Android. That seems to no longer be the case, as Android has advanced tremendously with Google putting a huge effort into its Play Store and ecosystem. However, while the majority of major app releases are now made available for both platforms at the same time, there are a few iOS exclusives that some of us wish were on our favorite mobile OS (Hyperlapse comes to mind). Let us know which apps for the iPhone you wish were on Android.