T-Mobile employee and XDA user s3rv1cet3ch has leaked images that he claims are of the upcoming LG G4 Note, LG's answer to the Samsung Note series and 'big brother' to the G4. LG CEO Cho has been quoted as saying at a press meeting that the company would unveil the next flagship smartphone, G4, in the second quarter, and another high-end product in the second half. With the second quarter now just days away we could finally have a few hints of...
Superuser Updated To V2.2.1
This tool is something for Android users who want to do some changes to their devices, and want an easier way of doing so. The application, created by XDA member ChainsDD, has become very popular very fast, and now we have a new update that is set to bring some good and well deserved changes.
I got tired of the old, quite unreadable, Superuser app that’s being used in most every build, so I refreshed it entirely. Some of the new features include:
- Each permission is shown by it’s name, rather than it’s UID
- Many translations (Spanish, German, Czech, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Danish (Some are full translations, some are only partial))
- Optional notifications
- A dialog that shows details of each permission including access times
- A much clearer request window.
- Permissions are removed when an app is uninstalled to prevent another app from possibly getting permissions you don’t want it to have.
- A bunch of work behind the scenes to smooth things out.
(New for 2.2.1)
- Install fixed. Will clear old permissions, but it’s the last time I’ll delete your permissions.
- Fixed AndroidManifest to allow install on cupcake.
- Russian translation thanks to stari4ek
There are 2 versions, one for cupcake/donut, one for eclair/froyo. Pick the one appropriate for your firmware and flash via recovery mode
To try it out on your device, visit the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...
OnePlus is one of those companies that appear one day and next thing you know, they are all over the internet. Their original OnePlus One phone was a major success in the mobile space due to its low price yet remarkable specifications - the ultimate goal of the company and their “Never Settle” slogan. We love talking about “the little OEM that could”, not necessarily because they are good or bad, but because their business and marketing strategies are very...