The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
Superuser Updated To V2.2.1
This tool is something for Android users who want to do some changes to their devices, and want an easier way of doing so. The application, created by XDA member ChainsDD, has become very popular very fast, and now we have a new update that is set to bring some good and well deserved changes.
I got tired of the old, quite unreadable, Superuser app that’s being used in most every build, so I refreshed it entirely. Some of the new features include:
- Each permission is shown by it’s name, rather than it’s UID
- Many translations (Spanish, German, Czech, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Danish (Some are full translations, some are only partial))
- Optional notifications
- A dialog that shows details of each permission including access times
- A much clearer request window.
- Permissions are removed when an app is uninstalled to prevent another app from possibly getting permissions you don’t want it to have.
- A bunch of work behind the scenes to smooth things out.
(New for 2.2.1)
- Install fixed. Will clear old permissions, but it’s the last time I’ll delete your permissions.
- Fixed AndroidManifest to allow install on cupcake.
- Russian translation thanks to stari4ek
There are 2 versions, one for cupcake/donut, one for eclair/froyo. Pick the one appropriate for your firmware and flash via recovery mode
To try it out on your device, visit the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...
Matias Duarte, VP of Design at Google, is perhaps one of the most prolific software designers of recent times: Material Design, the highest exponent of Android beauty, is Matias' own brainchild. Without him and his creation, the biggest Android update of all time wouldn't have been what it was and our favorite platform would still carry a look that many deemed outdated even before Material Design was shown. With an internet following that spawned several internet memes and even a weird community,...