Superuser Updated To V2.2.1
This tool is something for Android users who want to do some changes to their devices, and want an easier way of doing so. The application, created by XDA member ChainsDD, has become very popular very fast, and now we have a new update that is set to bring some good and well deserved changes.
I got tired of the old, quite unreadable, Superuser app that’s being used in most every build, so I refreshed it entirely. Some of the new features include:
- Each permission is shown by it’s name, rather than it’s UID
- Many translations (Spanish, German, Czech, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Danish (Some are full translations, some are only partial))
- Optional notifications
- A dialog that shows details of each permission including access times
- A much clearer request window.
- Permissions are removed when an app is uninstalled to prevent another app from possibly getting permissions you don’t want it to have.
- A bunch of work behind the scenes to smooth things out.
(New for 2.2.1)
- Install fixed. Will clear old permissions, but it’s the last time I’ll delete your permissions.
- Fixed AndroidManifest to allow install on cupcake.
- Russian translation thanks to stari4ek
There are 2 versions, one for cupcake/donut, one for eclair/froyo. Pick the one appropriate for your firmware and flash via recovery mode
To try it out on your device, visit the application thread.