While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.
T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 Gets KitKat, Microsoft Cortana Leaks, Xperia Z2 Camera Ported – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rolling out! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement of Official CyanogenMod for the Sony Xperia M and that the Xperia Z2 camera has been ported to other Xperia Devices! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Wanam Kit, then Jordan talked about all the cool mobile games in the current Humble Bundle, and finally TK gave us an Android App Review of Navigation Layer. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out to T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, OTA Captured
- Official CyanogenMod Available for the Xperia M
- Sony Xperia Z2 Camera Ported to Various Xperia Devices
- Open Source Files Now Available for the Xperia T, TX, V, and SP
- Microsoft’s Cortana Digital Assistant Demoed on Video!
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Wanam Kit AOSP Mods – XDA Developer TV
- Humble Mobile Bundle 4 – A Bundle of Android Games! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Navigation Layer – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: HooToo TripMate Elite 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device
- HooToo TripMate Elite IndieGoGo Campaign
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
At the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to its collection of devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD. Powered by the Tegra X1 ARM SoC, the SHIELD is a set-top box running Android TV at its heart. But since it is a NVIDIA device, it does things beyond the simple streaming and gaming that is expected in this age. The SHIELD can locally run and stream 4K content to a capable TV. It is compatible with existing...
There are some excellent ‘AAA’ tier games by huge development houses that offer fun, and, most of the time, in-app purchases. There is no doubt that some of these games are great. However, at XDA we like to keep an eye on the little guy. Some of the more successful Android developers have started out as the little guy. Today we celebrate another simple game developed by an XDA member. XDA Senior Member Rolf Smit offers up a 2D sandbox...