T-Mobile Galaxy S II Toolkit Brings Puts Everything Under One Roof
Given the convenience of all-in-one tool kits such as what we previously covered for the Galaxy Nexus, it would make sense for multi-purpose tool kits to show up on other devices. And now thanks to the efforts of XDA Forum Member ajster1989, the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II has one as well.
The tool kit helps users do a variety of tasks including achieving root, adding a custom recovery, installing kernels, side-loading apk files, and much more. The feature list is quite comprehensive and includes:
– At start it checks to see if USB Drivers is installed, if it’s not installed will download and installs Kies for you. (This insures that your USB Drivers are correctly installed)
– At start it checks for USB debugging connection to ADB
– Phone selection menu to chose which SGS II phone you have, and set’s tool kit up for that phone.
– Only downloads the files for the phone you select (Currently only T989)
– Guides you through installing CWM
– Guides you through Rooting your device
– Guides you through Flashing a Custom ROM
– Guides you through Flashing back to STOCK (Auto downloads when needed)
– Reboots Recovery and Download
– Side Load APK’s
– Keeps track of your current phone, last flashed recovery, last flashed rom.
While most all-in-one tool kits seem to share the same core group of features, one particularly interesting feature in this particular one is the ability to keep track of what you have done with your device. While this may be helpful as a log of sorts, it’s also interesting to measure just how much of a flashaholic you really are. The developer is also working to port the toolkit to all other SGS2 variants.
For additional information, head over to the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!