It has became a weekly thing for A_C to update his applications and this week it’s S2U2 turn to be updated. His software is well known in the WVGA and VGA world as one of the most popular lock screen apps.
This update brings quite a bit of new features and fixes. If you have yet to run this application on your device(which is highly unlikely) then this new version might be a great step.
Changes of v2.34
- changed option “Lock Message Preview” to “Disable Message Preview” to reflect the function meaning.
- added option “Snooze time (5, 10 or 15 min)” (S2U2 Settings > General).
- added “tap here to cancel” on the notification prompt.
- removed options “Slide to dismiss/cancel”, “Dismiss Notification once viewed”, “Mark SMS as read once viewed” and “Mark Email as read once viewed”.
- when a notification is shown, always slide to left to view; slide to right to dismiss; and tap the notification to cancel.
- when there is not enough device memory to cache a GIF, show error message on background.
- delayed the “On wake-up, unlock by Proximity Sensor” so that it always happen after “power off by Proximity Sensor”.
- fixed occasionally “slide to snooze” did not work.
- fixed occasionally hard to move the slider.
- fixed S2P playback was interrupted.
- fixed the system InCall Proximity Sensor was occasionally disabled.
- fixed occasionally “slide to view” did not work.
- fixed occasionally “slide to dismiss” would unlock as well.
- fixed occasionally graphics shown messy when volume button is pressed.
Get the updated software at the application thread.
March 30, 2010 By: admin
Usually, launching applications on your phone involves scrolling through lists, if you have many apps installed it’s usually difficult to find them unless you organize them in folders. As a solution Microsoft added a search box in the Start menu of its desktop OS since Windows Vista, but Windows Mobile, even with the much-improved honeycomb menu in version 6.5, lacks this feature. Fortunately, wojciechka developed ZLaunchy, which provides exactly this kind of functionality.
Originally posted by wojciechka
ZLaunchy was written mainly for those who like the way Windows Mobile dialer allows searching for contacts in a T9-like way – so that finding Adam means choosing 2326 in the phone application. ZLaunchy uses the same idea to run programs on your device. What it does is gives you a dialer keypad and when you type in a series of digits, it searches for all programs that match – for example to start Internet Explorer, start typing 4683 – Internet Explorer and Internet Sharing should show up in the result list.
Application performs a search using all items in the Start Menu. It also skips showing application icons, which causes it to work faster than usual application launchers. This makes ZLaunchy a perfect candidate for an application that’s bound to a hardware key (using system settings) and have it always handy when you want to find an application quickly.
Seems useful? Try it out by visiting the application thread.
Shopping is being done more and more online, but for those that still get their shopping done in the store this application can help. My Shopping List has been receiving a lot of updates recently but the latest one comes with the PC counterpart and some software updates.
New PC Companion V2.1
- Added copy paste, this is done by selecting the row (by clicking or dragging the left side of the row, NOT by the checkbox) than right-click to copy/paste (or use CTRL-C, CTRL-V).
New PC Companion V2.0
- Added Import/Export (From file menu) – same file formats as from the mobile device.
- Added send email (select a line in the Saved Lists list, and than on the right-click menu), if on the mobile the option to send only checked items is selected, it will be the same also on the PC…
- Added multi-language support (same language as chosen in the mobile device).
- Fixed that on import added missing List Types
Version 3.41 and 3.4
- QVGA issue fix
- Support for the PC Companion
- Selecting an item by pressing anywhere on the item is now an option
- Enable import & export of item text that contains commas
Continue on to the thread to read more about this app.
This is a great and simple app that allows you to use your phone as a stop watch and timer! With this app created by lopez1_de you can have multiple stop watches and timers all running at the same time. Very simple and well designed UI and extremely nice touch feel.
This app runs on a multitude of WinMo operating systems! From WM5, 6, 6.1, and 6.5.x and just about every screen resolution you can think of. All you need is the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and less than 1.5 MB of RAM and your good to go.
- up to 6 timers or stopwatches
- works with all screen resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA etc.)
- multilanguage (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dansk, French).
- landscape support
- d-pad support
- AppToDate support (download AppToDate here)
- use your own notifications sounds (WAV only)
- you can change graphics and colors (registry only)
Check out the application thread for more information.
Ever want to know where you have traveled all day, what path you took on that hike, or what roads you went on during that last road trip? With this app by _LEM_ you can do that and more.
Utilizing GPS or Cell ID information you can track yourself using Google Maps or Google Earth. Tracking can be done in real time or in pre-recorded modes, and does not require a data connection! The data can be stored to your phone and uploaded at a later time when you have an internet connection. Packed with many features you have to check it out for yourself.
- Ability to generate KML and GPX files that can be opened with any tool that supports that type of file.
- Realtime tracking with Google Earth or Google Maps.
- You can create and manage your own trips
- No internet connection is needed when using TrackMe (Offline mode)
- Ability to display your current position on your PDA
- Geofence with SMS and email notifications
- You can send your current position by email or sms to other person
- Ability to upload pictures. TrackMe will extract the GPS information/Creation date (if any)
from the pictures and it will match it with your existing GPS data
- Search for closest user based on your last uploaded position
- GPS powersave mode available
- You can use your own server instead of my free server
- Stealth mode
- You can force updates with your own custom icon and comments.
Check out the application thread for more information.
CleanRAM, is one of the best applications for Windows Mobile devices with low RAM. The application can clean up the wasted RAM in your device and give you more room for applications to be open. In the new update, the developer brought some very nice new features and enhancements.
Originally posted by ronenpg
GUI cleaning supported (tested on: TouchFLO3D, HTC Sense ,SPB Mobile Shell, Windows Mobile 6.5 today screen)
There are 3 levels of cleaning + personally customized processes list.
Define all cleanRAM behavior.
Hibernate for old devices.
Close all applications – force closing all applications.
Launch startup programs after cleaning ended.
Clear recent start menu items.
Multilanguage supported with option to add new language.
Customized Processes List – custom level that help you to define the process(es) you wish to clean.
Schedule – automatically clean up by schedule (time/date and more options…), get clean-up event at a specific time! extra settings:
Notify you before cleanup starting.
Wake up device before cleanup.
Exceptions List – add to exceptions list: program(s) / process(es) and also you can select “startup shortcuts” that you want to skip/ignore.
Backup / Restore – backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. You can also select and load default settings from recommended settings reservoir list.
Update Service – update cleanRAM to latest version directly from the cleanRAM.
configuration (this feature using internet connection). also you can reinstall your last version.
The thread contains more information.
March 2, 2010 By: Noonski
A battery indicator line is nothing new, these have been around since before Windows Mobile 2003 SE, but most of these run as a process. Back in the days when all you got was Windows Mobile that wouldn’t have been much of a problem. But today, there’s more simultaneous processes running, using a lot of the 32 available slots for processes.
User thx1200′s BattLineSvc Battery Indicator Line runs as a service, keeping an extra slot available for an application or process to run in. Another advantage of it being a service is that it uses little to no resources.
Originally posted by thx1200.
- Shows a nice bar along the top of your screen to indicate battery status.
- Colour changes based on ‘warning’ and ‘critical’ battery levels (configurable).
- Immediately correctly resizes when the screen orientation changes.
- The battery level is updated at 20 second intervals and also when the device is awakes from sleep.
- Can show a bar at the bottom of the battery bar (if you want it).
- Can be offset from the left, if you have a fancy Windows Logo icon.
- Height of the bar can be changed.
- VERY low resources used — runs as a TRUE service and uses as close as 0% CPU as is possible by an app like this. So it’s good for even older snail devices.
- AppToDate support!
Continue on to the application thread.
Facebook is the largest social network in the world, and one thing that makes it special is the ability to save your number and information on it so that it can be used by 3rd party software, like SocialSync 0.1 by binary64, to update your information in Pocket Outlook.
Originally Posted by binary64
Imports (one-way synchonization) your Facebook contacts to your Pocket Outlook.
Supports the following sync mappings:
- Facebook super-sized profile pic –> Outlook Picture
- Facebook Full Name –> Outlook’s FileAs, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName
- Facebook Profile URL –> Outlook GovernmentID
- Facebook Relationship Status –> Outlook Spouse
- Facebook Birthday –> Outlook Birthday
- Adds “facebook” to Outlook Categories
- Facebook Status –> Outlook JobTitle
- Facebook Personal Website –> Outlook Website URL (only first one since Outlook only supports 1 URL)
- Facebook Email (image representation) –> Outlook Email
WM2003, WM5, WM6, WM6.5, WM6.5.3
QVGA (240×320) Portrait (want more formats? donate!)
.NET Compact Framework 3.5
DISCLAIMER: This is an unofficial app (lowercase ‘a’ for app because it’s NOT a ‘Facebook Application’). It is unofficial because I have not signed a ToS with Facebook. This application is for EDUCATIONAL-USES only. It is recommended you do not use this. Using this MAY breech your User agreement with Facebook, which means your personal account may be suspended, deleted, blocked, or banned. You have been warned.