T-Mobile employee and XDA user s3rv1cet3ch has leaked images that he claims are of the upcoming LG G4 Note, LG's answer to the Samsung Note series and 'big brother' to the G4. LG CEO Cho has been quoted as saying at a press meeting that the company would unveil the next flagship smartphone, G4, in the second quarter, and another high-end product in the second half. With the second quarter now just days away we could finally have a few hints of...
The XDA Recognized Developer Program has Re-Opened!
It has been a while since the XDA Recognized Developer (RD) Program has accepted new applications. From the announcement we made last week, you might have already guessed that we were preparing to open the doors to the RD form once again. As a reminder, RDs on XDA receive a special badge, access to our faster ad-free template, access to online storage space, a larger PM inbox, basic moderation options, access to a private RD forum, and more.
Behind the scenes, we have been hard at work to update the program. The Developer Committee is a small team of volunteers, and we really appreciate your patience in waiting for us to improve our processes. This post will help to outline some of the changes made to the RD program on XDA.
Some of the changes include:
- A bigger team to process the applications
- Clear minimum requirements
- Form questions more about core development
- Faster notification on the review status
- Personalized tips on how to improve when we let you know you were not accepted
- New RDs will be given their permissions the first of every month
- Better integration with the Recognized Contributor and Recognized Themer programs for those that might not be currently eligible for RD status
To optimize your chances of of getting accepted, make sure you do the following:
- Read the minimum requirements, we made these for you. The focus of the program is on original development.
- Make sure you uphold the RD code of conduct and the regular XDA rules. Should you have infractions on your account, contact the DC if you want to know if you are eligible to apply. As a general rule of thumb, wait one month per infraction point before applying, as we do not accept members with more than 10 points to their account. Of course exceptions may be made but contact us if you have a question about this.
- Format your threads properly. You can find some guidelines on what to include in your threads in the bottom of the minimum requirements post.
To apply, head over to the newly re-opened application form.
Thanks for your cooperation!
- XDA Developers Program
- Recognized Developer Code of Conduct
- Recognized Developer Minimum Requirements
- Recognized Developer Form
- RD Appeals Form
- XDA Recognized Developer Program Revamp
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...
OnePlus is one of those companies that appear one day and next thing you know, they are all over the internet. Their original OnePlus One phone was a major success in the mobile space due to its low price yet remarkable specifications - the ultimate goal of the company and their “Never Settle” slogan. We love talking about “the little OEM that could”, not necessarily because they are good or bad, but because their business and marketing strategies are very...