The XDA Recognized Developer Program has Re-Opened!
It has been a while since the XDA Recognized Developer (RD) Program has accepted new applications. From the announcement we made last week, you might have already guessed that we were preparing to open the doors to the RD form once again. As a reminder, RDs on XDA receive a special badge, access to our faster ad-free template, access to online storage space, a larger PM inbox, basic moderation options, access to a private RD forum, and more.
Behind the scenes, we have been hard at work to update the program. The Developer Committee is a small team of volunteers, and we really appreciate your patience in waiting for us to improve our processes. This post will help to outline some of the changes made to the RD program on XDA.
Some of the changes include:
- A bigger team to process the applications
- Clear minimum requirements
- Form questions more about core development
- Faster notification on the review status
- Personalized tips on how to improve when we let you know you were not accepted
- New RDs will be given their permissions the first of every month
- Better integration with the Recognized Contributor and Recognized Themer programs for those that might not be currently eligible for RD status
To optimize your chances of of getting accepted, make sure you do the following:
- Read the minimum requirements, we made these for you. The focus of the program is on original development.
- Make sure you uphold the RD code of conduct and the regular XDA rules. Should you have infractions on your account, contact the DC if you want to know if you are eligible to apply. As a general rule of thumb, wait one month per infraction point before applying, as we do not accept members with more than 10 points to their account. Of course exceptions may be made but contact us if you have a question about this.
- Format your threads properly. You can find some guidelines on what to include in your threads in the bottom of the minimum requirements post.
To apply, head over to the newly re-opened application form.
Thanks for your cooperation!
- XDA Developers Program
- Recognized Developer Code of Conduct
- Recognized Developer Minimum Requirements
- Recognized Developer Form
- RD Appeals Form
- XDA Recognized Developer Program Revamp