ThereTV (LocationFree Player Client for Android) Officially Released
You may remember a few days ago when we reported on a clip showing Sony’s LocationFree Player system running on Android. Since the release of the initial video (and the overwhelming number of inquiries about the app that followed), XDA Forum Member mgschwan has received the clearance from Sony necessary to release the app.
ThereTV is the only app of its kind. It allows you to stream your home television or even your personal DVD collection anywhere using the LocationFree system. It requires a LocationFree Base Station and a few minutes of set-up time, but for LocationFree users who want to bring the experience to their Android device it couldn’t be more worthwhile. From the original thread:
- Compatible to LF-B1, LF-B10, LF-PK1 and LF-B20 Base Stations
- LF-V30 BaseStations are partially supported (only in H264 mode)
- Support for EU and US models
- Remote control support
- Registration works from within the app
- Fullscreen playback
- Works over Wifi/3G/4G
- Selectable stream quality
- Advanced performance settings (adjustable scaling filter/adjustable frame dropping)
- Change the encoder settings of the BaseStation (framerate/videosize)
- Change the video source
If you’ve got a Base Station and a little free time on your hands why not give it a shot? Let other users know how it worked for you in the forums. Don’t forget to thank mgschwan for sharing his creation with the community. The app is available for free on the Market here (though a donate version is available). You can also find any information surrounding ThereTV in the release thread here or the official website here.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!