There are some excellent ‘AAA’ tier games by huge development houses that offer fun, and, most of the time, in-app purchases. There is no doubt that some of these games are great. However, at XDA we like to keep an eye on the little guy. Some of the more successful Android developers have started out as the little guy. Today we celebrate another simple game developed by an XDA member. XDA Senior Member Rolf Smit offers up a 2D sandbox...
This Week in Development – Chevron Unlocker, Facebook SDK, and More – XDA TV
This Week in Development, XDA TV Producer and all-around great guy, Jordan covers all the exciting stories you need to know from the XDA-Developers forum. In addition to Chevron Unlocker’s flip-flop, he covers the Ice Cream Sandwich updates for the for the Sony Xperia Line and the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100.
Jordan then mentions the changes in Google Play and the Facebook SDK vulnerability. Additionally, XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler and XDA Forum Moderator and Recognized Developer shenye‘s video on Setting up Eclipse and the Android SDK and rooting the HTC One X are discussed. Along with other exciting stories found right here on the XDA Portal.
Check out the video below.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Enjoying Chevron? Say Goodbye to Your Developer Unlock
- Major FaceBook SDK Vulnerability… Run for the Hills!
- Modified Google Play Store Removes Country Restrictions
- Official ICS for Unlocked SGS2 GT-i9100 Rolling Out
- Sony Kicks Off ICS Updates to 2011 Xperia Line
- Want to Test Your App But Don’t Have a Phone? Sony Wants to Help
- Xperia Arc S ROM Ported to the Galaxy Nexus
- Root a Boatload of Gingerbread-Running Samsung Devices
- Unbrick Your LG Nitro HD
- WSG UnBricker Helps Fix All Transformer Prime Soft Bricks
- Hunter Davis Releases 70 Open Source Apps in One Shot
- How to Build an Android App Part 1: Setting up Eclipse and Android SDK – XDA TV
- How to Root the HTC One X – XDA TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...