April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
Too Old to Become a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
If you look at a lot of popular developers in the main-stream media today, you will see recent college grads (or drop-outs) with their soy mocha lattes. We at XDA know that the makeup of developers is a wonderful blend of all sorts of people. However, there are still those out there who say development is a young person’s game.
In today’s episode, XDA Developer TV Jayce talks about how older techy types can get into development. These tricks will work for younger people as well. Jayce interviews Douglas Calhoun, Co-Founder of Hack-Reactor. Douglas talks about how to become a professional in software development. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Why New Developers Fail – XDA Developer TV
- Why Programmers Get No Respect – XDA Developer TV
- How a College Drop Out Becomes a CTO – XDA Developer TV
- Be More than “Ramen Profitable” and Make Money as an App Developer – XDA Developer TV
- Ladies Learning Code – XDA Developer TV
- How a Rookie Wins a Hackathon – XDA Developer TV
- Social Media for Software Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Hire Me Gary Vaynerchuk – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Toughest Job Interview Questions Part 4 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Salary Negotiations Part 3 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Main Interview Part 2 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Phone Screen Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: What Hiring Managers Won’t Tell You – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Recruiter Reveals How Resumes are Chosen – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Is Software Development Your Calling? – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: App Testing – Prove It, Then Sell It – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: The Curse of Knowledge – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Code Katas for Beginning Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....