Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...
Too Old to Become a Developer? – XDA Developer TV
If you look at a lot of popular developers in the main-stream media today, you will see recent college grads (or drop-outs) with their soy mocha lattes. We at XDA know that the makeup of developers is a wonderful blend of all sorts of people. However, there are still those out there who say development is a young person’s game.
In today’s episode, XDA Developer TV Jayce talks about how older techy types can get into development. These tricks will work for younger people as well. Jayce interviews Douglas Calhoun, Co-Founder of Hack-Reactor. Douglas talks about how to become a professional in software development. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Why New Developers Fail – XDA Developer TV
- Why Programmers Get No Respect – XDA Developer TV
- How a College Drop Out Becomes a CTO – XDA Developer TV
- Be More than “Ramen Profitable” and Make Money as an App Developer – XDA Developer TV
- Ladies Learning Code – XDA Developer TV
- How a Rookie Wins a Hackathon – XDA Developer TV
- Social Media for Software Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Hire Me Gary Vaynerchuk – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Toughest Job Interview Questions Part 4 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Salary Negotiations Part 3 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Main Interview Part 2 – XDA Developer TV
- Job Interview Prep: Phone Screen Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: What Hiring Managers Won’t Tell You – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Recruiter Reveals How Resumes are Chosen – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Is Software Development Your Calling? – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: App Testing – Prove It, Then Sell It – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: The Curse of Knowledge – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Code Katas for Beginning Android Development – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...