Touch Tools Available for HD2
Some of you may have heard of this app, which was featured a lot in the Touch Diamond 2 forums. It is quite a nifty little app that was created by XDA member lyriquidperfection. The application itself provides you with some simple tweaks that allow you to take more control of your phone. One of its biggest features is that it gives you the ability to control the action of the long press end key. Moreover, it also provides the ability to hard reset your device from the built in interface. The UI has a lot of the HTC look, but with a little twist added by the developer. This allowed the creation of his own controls and keep the file size small
Changes / Improvements:
Touch Tools for HTC – Public Release – PR1
This Version is for Windows Mobile 6.5 ONLY!
- TD2 Tools is now Touch Tools for HTC. I felt the name needed changing as it now supports multiple devices.
- Added: Full HD2 support. If you are not running Touch Tools on an HD2, the HD2 Options menu will automatically be disabled.
- Added: Opera Settings tab for changing various Opera related settings.
- Changed: Boot Manager has had modifications to make it fully compatible with the HD2. It will now detect the device its running on so the integration function can work correctly.
- Rotation Manager and Slim Volume have been modified to be fully compatible with HD2. No more using the stylus to capture window information. Instead, just simply shake the device to capture the information.
- Added: A neat little utility called Snatch Screen. This has a nice interface and allows you to take device screenshots in multiple formats. Allows you to preview the captured image and then discard or save.
- HD2 options added include: Data Options: Enabling Wireless-N Mode, Show 3G in Comm. Manager which adds the 3G button to Comm. Manager. SMS/E-Mail Options: Show ‘Send’ button in HTC Messaging and Disable ‘Reply All’ in E-mail. Multimedia Options: Enable Extra Games Shortcuts, Extra Camera Modes, Extra Video Recording Formats, Improve MPEG4 recording bitrate, Enable Text Selection Magnifier and HTC Album ‘Real’ Exit.
- Added Confirmation On Exit to Program Options so you can choose whether or not to display a confirmation when exiting Touch Tools to eliminate accidental screen taps.
- Changed: Startup Animation settings have now been moved to the Boot Options menu.
- More features coming soon!
You can find more information in the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!