With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Track Your Drinking With SoberApp
If you’re someone who enjoys a drink or two, you might be interested in the new application from XDA forum member tofira, SoberApp. This apps is the successor of the dev’s previous app called “Can You Drive”.
SoberApp, according to the dev is much more that your ordinary breathalyzer app – it’s here to take care of all your drinking needs!
Features of the app include:
- Browse over 3100 different drinks.
- Recognises your general location and adjusts itself to the local law in your country for more accurate calculations.
- Find a nearby taxi or pub – the app will help you find a taxi to take you home in case you’ve had a little too much to drink.
- Scan your drinks – you can scan your drinks barcodes and the app will detect and add them. You can also use voice recognition to search your drinks.
- Share drinks – share what you’ve been drinking and ask for a ride.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...