Turbo3D Drivers for HD2 Released
Wait time is finally over! XDA moderator Chainfire has released a new version of his 3D drivers for the HD2 (aka Leo). During the last few months, Chainfire had released a few betas for chefs and devs to play with them and report feedback. The driver, in case you are not familiar with it, greatly improves performance of 3D applications by fixing errors in the OpenGL present in our devices.
The new drivers come in form of a cab file for easy installation. However, it is recommended by the dev that any previous versions of the driver be uninstalled prior to trying this new version. Also, for the most notable performance, Chainfire recommends for this to be installed on a Stock rom.
The Turbo3D driver can operate in 3 modes:
- “Original” – Don’t do any magic, just use the stock 3D drivers, mostly terrible
- “Fast” – Improve performance as much as possible, works great for most games and apps
- “Smooth” (Anti-Stutter) – Prevent stutter lag, some games and apps need this mode to run smoothly
v3.0 *FINAL*, 26.07.2010
- Final tweaks
- Marketplace release (EN-US)
- Ready for cooking
- Works on all GL-capable devices, though aside from Snapdragon I doubt you’ll see any difference.
You can find more information in the driver’s thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!