Unofficial CM10.1 Now Available on the Galaxy S III I9300
CyanogenMod10.1 has been making its way around the forums as of late. Granted, they’re mostly unofficial builds, but any step forward is a step in the right direction. Now, CM10.1 has made to another device, the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300.
Like the build announced earlier today for the Galaxy Tab 2, XDA Elite Recognized Developer codeworkx took the reigns on this unofficial release as well. It’s a pretty early build so there are some issues, including:
– UI: Apps like NHK are broken
– Camera: Recording effects broken
– Camera: Touch 2 focus issues with enabled flashlight
– Bluetooth: audio streaming sometimes becomes laggy or stops at a distance > 1m
– FM Radio: unsupported
– TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
– Lots of missing and yet unimplemented features
– and a lot more
So if you’re looking for AOSP Jelly Bean 4.2 and you want it to be stable, you’re going to have to wait a little bit longer. That’s expected, though, as 4.2 is still pretty new. In a change from the norm, codeworkx requests that no one who flashes this submit any bug reports because the legendary Team Hacksung knows them all already. So simply relax, sit back, try it out, and watch the developers develop.
If you’d like to try it out, go to the original thread.
[Thanks goes out to XDA Forum Member UrbanDrawer for the tip!]