Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for HTC Desire Z / G2
Over the last few weeks, we’ve reported on a number of seemingly impossible development stories, such as the almighty HTC HD2 and it’s cousin, the HTC Desire HD, both receiving unofficial Jelly Bean updates. Not to be left out, the HTC Desire Z has gained itself an unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean port, thanks to XDA Senior Member Flinny and the Andromadus dev team.
As expected with most early builds on a somewhat old device, there are some known issues still being worked on:
- Wake issue (Kernel)
- Video playback glitches (mainly in landscape, turn off HW overlay in developer settings as a work around for now)
- Video camera (Doesn’t work at all yet)
- Wifi tethering (Annoying me…)
- Glitches on panorama camera (Overlay again same work around)
- Improve io, integer and float handling (Kernel)
Despite these early problems, the ROM is certainly otherwise usable, and gives Desire Z users a sumptuous taste of Jelly Bean goodness.
If you fancy a bite, head on over to the ROM thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!