If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google services if you use Android. Until then, a lot of us are fully invested into the Google ecosystem. We listen to our music on Google Play Music. However, the Google Play Music app could benefit from some tweaks. In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds some customization options into Google Play Music. XDA Senior Member Maxr1998 offers...
Update For Motorola Droid RAZR And Non-US RAZR Rolling Out
Holiday season is OTA season! Motorola has officially announced an update for the Droid RAZR. The non-US versions, simply known as RAZR, also seem to be getting updates, according to reports in our forums. Even more good news: The update seems to be easily root-able.
Head over to this forum thread to report any issues. Full changelog below.
- Improved 4G data connectivity
- Eliminated false SIM error messages
- Improved performance for transition between 3G and 4G connections
- Improved maintenance of network connection upon completion of a voice call
- Enhanced Wi-Fi performance
- Enhanced camera performance
- Resolved general stability issues in menu access. Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player reducing Force Close errors and lockups.
- Improved readability for Lapdock™ email, SMS and social networking user interface menu items
- Updated group message notifications
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for users to jump between tasks. But is Recents the best method of switching tasks? Let us know if you actually use the Recents button as a task switcher and why.
Many of you probably dual-boot your personal computers, be it to run Linux alongside Windows or because you have a Mac and hate OS X. On a computer platform, the process can be a life-saver for a variety of reasons, particularly software compatibility/integration. It’s not rare to see computer programmers with Linux partitions or Mac gamers that use bootcamp for their videogames. On computers, the process has gotten relatively simpler over time, with Microsoft and Apple typically supporting the notion....