Android 5.0 Lollipop is a great release. It’ has improving usability with material design, given us quick access to our notifications on our home screen, and more. However, there are some very unique idiosyncrasies regarding the notification sounds and silent mode. Basically, it’s not truly silent. In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that helps you truly silence your Lollipop device. XDA Recognized Developer tonyp created the True Silent Mode module. TK shows off...
Update For Motorola Droid RAZR And Non-US RAZR Rolling Out
Holiday season is OTA season! Motorola has officially announced an update for the Droid RAZR. The non-US versions, simply known as RAZR, also seem to be getting updates, according to reports in our forums. Even more good news: The update seems to be easily root-able.
Head over to this forum thread to report any issues. Full changelog below.
- Improved 4G data connectivity
- Eliminated false SIM error messages
- Improved performance for transition between 3G and 4G connections
- Improved maintenance of network connection upon completion of a voice call
- Enhanced Wi-Fi performance
- Enhanced camera performance
- Resolved general stability issues in menu access. Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player reducing Force Close errors and lockups.
- Improved readability for Lapdock™ email, SMS and social networking user interface menu items
- Updated group message notifications
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
There are a number of different apps on the Play Store that make browsing the XDA portal and forums a fun experience on mobile, but we want to know: What's your favorite way to access the XDA forums? Do you prefer browsing on the desktop, mobile app, or mobile browser? If you use a mobile app, which one? Let us know how you connect with our community in the comment section below.
Once a year, top players in the mobile sphere gather for MWC, to show off what they've been working on and collectively set the standard for the year to come. Yesterday was a big day with the launch of HTC and Samsung's flagships, alongside numerous other announcements, and today it was Google's turn to take the stage. SVP Sundar Pichai took the stage in Barcelona to speak about Google's network initiatives, Project Link and Project Loon, as well as to...