After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!
Update:GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port
The XDAndroid team has been very busy lately, progressing the Touch Pro2 Android port faster than any other team or forum. Thanks to Reefermattness, we stay updated on their recent updates and get the links to download. They recently released an update that adds some pretty nice features and brings some changes to the build/zimage.
I have this running on my Touch Pro2, and it is a speed demon. It loads fast, it updates fast, it feels fast. I am sure they are just a month away from having a perfect port, then ROMs might be the next step.
- NEW Mar 25 New zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- NEW Mar 25 New additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
- 3/17 Additions to the Startup Utility! Auto Update & App Manager! (Pieteckhart is going crazy with this one!)
- 3/17 zImage/Modules: Re-enable speakerphone by adding “external.rhod_speaker=1″ to startup.txt (ONLY SPEAKERPHONE, no external audio, Mic also will not work.)
- 3/08 3D Finally working(ish) Will not show Nexus boot screen, or some other 3D apps that require LOTS of RAM. (Remove cmdline “hw3d.force=1″ from your startup.txt to go back to the old settings and get your splash screen back)
- 3/08 System.sqsh from babijoee, includes Home++ (
The thread contains all your links.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung's Unpacked Event has now come and gone through Mobile World Congress 2015, and we've got a good look at what could be the most advanced phone of the year thus far. The event started shortly after its scheduled time at 12:30PM today and the only devices shown were the Galaxy S6 and its Edge variant, both of which pack an impressive amount of features, spectacular internals and an all-new beautiful design. The show began with a quiet voice whispering to...
Each year, smartphone makers attempt to one-up each other in features and specs, but time and again these improvements feel incremental rather than revolutionary. Samsung hopes to break this trend with a new hardware and software design philosophy, and press details of the new-and-improved cameras shared by the S6 and S6 Edge show that they are off to a great start. Once you get past the curved displays and wraparound Gorilla Glass 4, the most striking feature on these slabs is the...