There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
Update:GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port
The XDAndroid team has been very busy lately, progressing the Touch Pro2 Android port faster than any other team or forum. Thanks to Reefermattness, we stay updated on their recent updates and get the links to download. They recently released an update that adds some pretty nice features and brings some changes to the build/zimage.
I have this running on my Touch Pro2, and it is a speed demon. It loads fast, it updates fast, it feels fast. I am sure they are just a month away from having a perfect port, then ROMs might be the next step.
- NEW Mar 25 New zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- NEW Mar 25 New additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
- 3/17 Additions to the Startup Utility! Auto Update & App Manager! (Pieteckhart is going crazy with this one!)
- 3/17 zImage/Modules: Re-enable speakerphone by adding “external.rhod_speaker=1″ to startup.txt (ONLY SPEAKERPHONE, no external audio, Mic also will not work.)
- 3/08 3D Finally working(ish) Will not show Nexus boot screen, or some other 3D apps that require LOTS of RAM. (Remove cmdline “hw3d.force=1″ from your startup.txt to go back to the old settings and get your splash screen back)
- 3/08 System.sqsh from babijoee, includes Home++ (
The thread contains all your links.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...