USB Type-C seems to be the new obsession among Android enthusiasts, as we hear more and more reports claim that it will be implemented in the next line of flagship devices. Google itself hinted in the press release of the Chromebook Pixel that more Chromebooks and Android devices would follow suit with USB Type-C. Let us know if you're excited for the upcoming changes and how USB Type-C will benefit you.
Upgrade Your Smartphone’s Dialer with Angel Dialer for Android
One of the most amazing aspects of the Android operating system is its ability to be customized to almost no end. With custom ROMs here, themed applications there, you can truly make Android feel like home in no time.
However, one type of change is often left out. Given the vast choices for launchers, it’s surprising to see a lack of replacement dialers, especially given a smartphone’s alleged primary purpose. Luckily, however, XDA forum member thinkpanda has release Angel Dialer, aiming to help satisfy your longing for spruced up calling.
In the words of the developer:
Angel Dialer is a T9 phone dialer for Android platform. The objective of the app is make really fast searching. It has slight emphasis on searching of Chinese contacts, but English contacts searching is fine.
- T9 keypad quick search
– Blazingly fast contact searching
– Multitouch keypad for faster input of numbers
- Search contacts by whole word or first character of words
– Search contacts with Latin alphabet, Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese phonetic (Hanyu Pinyin, MPS or Cantonese)
– Both contact name and phone number are searched
– Wild card search phone number and contact name (e.g Enter “123*4″ match phone number “12399444”)
– Filter contact list or search result by contact groups. (Please press “Menu” button)
– Search mode for entering keyword directly.
– Landscape mode. Support native landscape devices like Motorola Flipout.
– Open Voice mailbox
- Show all phone numbers of contact in one place (click the thumbnail)
– Display custom phone and email type of Google contacts
– Long click contacts to show contextual options.
– Share contacts as text or vCard.
– Besides English, the application is localized to Traditional, Simplified Chinese and Russian
– Support adding pause to phone numbers
– Two color schemes
Given the rather extensive feature list and aesthetically appealing visuals, it may be worthwhile to give this alternative dialer a shot. Be sure to continue on to the application thread to let this dialer be your guardian angel, if only in the digital realm!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung’s semiconductor game and their Exynos chipsets have gained a lot of traction recently given the unveiling of the S6, and its subsequent testing showing a remarkable step forward in performance and efficiency. This advancement was put to contrast with the outcome of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 chipset, which is said company’s incursion into the octa core big.LITTLE ARM model that Samsung has been perfecting over the past 3 years. Needless to say, said jump from their traditional Krait core arrangement...
Be together, not the same. That is the current phrase that Google is using for Android. This is really wise, the strength of Android is that I have a choice in what phone I get and what it looks like. I get more choices than black or white and 16, 64 or 128 GB. One of the more visual parts of Android customization is theming. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews talks about theming your CyanogenMod 12 device....