Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
Upgrade Your Smartphone’s Dialer with Angel Dialer for Android
One of the most amazing aspects of the Android operating system is its ability to be customized to almost no end. With custom ROMs here, themed applications there, you can truly make Android feel like home in no time.
However, one type of change is often left out. Given the vast choices for launchers, it’s surprising to see a lack of replacement dialers, especially given a smartphone’s alleged primary purpose. Luckily, however, XDA forum member thinkpanda has release Angel Dialer, aiming to help satisfy your longing for spruced up calling.
In the words of the developer:
Angel Dialer is a T9 phone dialer for Android platform. The objective of the app is make really fast searching. It has slight emphasis on searching of Chinese contacts, but English contacts searching is fine.
- T9 keypad quick search
– Blazingly fast contact searching
– Multitouch keypad for faster input of numbers
- Search contacts by whole word or first character of words
– Search contacts with Latin alphabet, Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese phonetic (Hanyu Pinyin, MPS or Cantonese)
– Both contact name and phone number are searched
– Wild card search phone number and contact name (e.g Enter “123*4″ match phone number “12399444”)
– Filter contact list or search result by contact groups. (Please press “Menu” button)
– Search mode for entering keyword directly.
– Landscape mode. Support native landscape devices like Motorola Flipout.
– Open Voice mailbox
- Show all phone numbers of contact in one place (click the thumbnail)
– Display custom phone and email type of Google contacts
– Long click contacts to show contextual options.
– Share contacts as text or vCard.
– Besides English, the application is localized to Traditional, Simplified Chinese and Russian
– Support adding pause to phone numbers
– Two color schemes
Given the rather extensive feature list and aesthetically appealing visuals, it may be worthwhile to give this alternative dialer a shot. Be sure to continue on to the application thread to let this dialer be your guardian angel, if only in the digital realm!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.
At the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to its collection of devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD. Powered by the Tegra X1 ARM SoC, the SHIELD is a set-top box running Android TV at its heart. But since it is a NVIDIA device, it does things beyond the simple streaming and gaming that is expected in this age. The SHIELD can locally run and stream 4K content to a capable TV. It is compatible with existing...