Samsung has stated that with the new S6 and S6 Edge you will "not have to worry about battery life again" with their new faster charging. Just ten minutes of charging will allow for four hours of basic usage and a fully charged device should last you for 13 hours of video viewing. During the unpacked event, Gregory Wade said, “we didn't want to have a built-in battery until we were absolutely sure users would be comfortable.” Well, it appears...
Use NFC Tags to Trigger Events with NFC Launcher – XDA Developer TV
You have seen XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin set up his phone to respond to his voice, and to respond to changes in locations or WiFi status. Tasker is Kevin’s best friend, and he’s shared with you some of his tips and tricks in the past. Well today, he will show you how to use the NFC function in your phone to change automate changes in your phone.
In today’s video, Kevin shows off NFC Launcher. Kevin shows you how to set up NFC Tags to change options on your phone or launch a Tasker task. Also, check out all the videos in his Tasker series and make your phone work for you. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- All-In-One Android Toolkit with Advanced Mobile Care – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Samsung has announced their two new flagships, the S6 and the S6 Edge. Both devices will run using Samsung's new 64 bit 14 nm Finfet processor which is a worlds first for a smart phone. It is smaller more powerful and easier on the battery. The performance is 20% faster, consumes 35% less power and sees a 30% productivity gain over the chipset in the Galaxy Note 4 which is running at 20nm. The ram is DDR4 which should boost running memory...
The mobile payment sector is growing at a rapid pace, with Google Wallet, Apple Pay and Visa's solutions each vying for the top spot, but that race is about to heat up, as Samsung has announced their entry into the space with an initative called "Samsung Pay". While most mobile payment solution rely on NFC to make the transaction, 90% of US retailers don't support NFC and to combat this, Samsung introduces MST technology which allows users to use Samsung...