During The HTC Utopia In Progress event, HTC discussed their work with the speakers of the M9. With Boomsound integration they aim to bring a "first class audio experience," featuring speakers similar to that of the previous HTC M8 model. As Graham Wheeler (Director of products, EMEA) and Aaron Baker (Senior Manager, Global Social Media) put it, "people are always listening to music on their phones, its an important part of the phone... You watch videos, you listen to music, why would...
VZW Moto X Gets Android 4.4, OmniROM Out for Nexus 5, Motorola Restores Developer Edition Warranties! – XDA Developer TV
In an interesting twist, the Verizon Moto X is among the first to get the Android 4.4 KitKat update! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that there is a KitKat-based OmniROM available for the Google Nexus 5. And in another unexpected move, Motorola has reinstated warranties on developer devices. That’s not all that is covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for XuiMod, Jordan gave a device review of the Google Nexus 5, and TK gave us an app review of CloudMagic. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- HTC Sheds Light on KitKat Update Timetable
- Verizon Leads the Pack with KitKat Update for the Moto X
- Galaxy Note II N7105 Receives Official Android 4.3, Update Pulled for S III and AT&T S 4
- KitKat-Based OmniROM Available for Google Nexus 5
- First Custom ROM Available for the Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
- Motorola Becomes Developer Friendly, Warranties on Developer Devices Reinstated
- Forums Added for the Moto G and Oppo N1
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: XuiMod Customizations – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: Google Nexus 5
- Android App Review: Prettier, More Functional Email with CloudMagic – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The HTC One M9 was just unveiled in the HTC's "Utopia in Progress" event at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Here is a quick round up of the specs revealed: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 3GB RAM 32GB onboard storage with Micro-sd support of upto 128GB Android 5.0 with Sense 7.0 UI 5" Super LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 1080x1920 pixels Corning Gorilla Glass 4 20.7MP rear camera with dual-tone LED 4MP UltraPixel front camera 2840 mAH Li-PO non-removable...
Virtual Reality technology has been growing at a rapid pace as of late, in a movement that began with the Oculus Rift and accelerated by Google's extremely affordable Cardboard, with many other companies including Samsung also jumping on board. Today, at their "Utopia In Progress" event, HTC announced their entry into the VR space with grandeur. In a groundbreaking partnership with the popular gaming company Valve, HTC aims to deliver an immersive virtual reality solution with limitless possibilities, in the form of...