All of us here at XDA appreciate just how far Android has come. The incredible flagships of today come packed with bleeding edge technology and are hard to complain about, but it wasn't always like this. Tell us about the worst Android phone you've ever owned, and what made it so dreadful.
VZW Moto X Gets Android 4.4, OmniROM Out for Nexus 5, Motorola Restores Developer Edition Warranties! – XDA Developer TV
In an interesting twist, the Verizon Moto X is among the first to get the Android 4.4 KitKat update! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that there is a KitKat-based OmniROM available for the Google Nexus 5. And in another unexpected move, Motorola has reinstated warranties on developer devices. That’s not all that is covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for XuiMod, Jordan gave a device review of the Google Nexus 5, and TK gave us an app review of CloudMagic. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- HTC Sheds Light on KitKat Update Timetable
- Verizon Leads the Pack with KitKat Update for the Moto X
- Galaxy Note II N7105 Receives Official Android 4.3, Update Pulled for S III and AT&T S 4
- KitKat-Based OmniROM Available for Google Nexus 5
- First Custom ROM Available for the Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
- Motorola Becomes Developer Friendly, Warranties on Developer Devices Reinstated
- Forums Added for the Moto G and Oppo N1
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: XuiMod Customizations – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: Google Nexus 5
- Android App Review: Prettier, More Functional Email with CloudMagic – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of factory images for the YU Yureka and be sure to check out the article talking about Microsoft investing in Cyanogen, Inc! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA...
Reports indicate that Microsoft is investing in the rogue Android forker Cyanogen. The funding round is said to be upwards of $70 million, and could allow for a cooperation between Cyanogen and the Silicon Valley giant in the ongoing battle of mobile operating systems. This could be a strategic movement in coordination with other investors given Cyanogen's expression of rebellion against Google's tightening control over Android, as the custom ROM maker has recently spoken out against the "tyranny" of Google in regards...