The HTC One M9, Available in both 'Gold on Silver' and 'Metal Gray' colors will be available for sale in stores across the US on April 10th, however most carriers are starting preorders tomorrow on March 27th. No matter which network you order yours from you will be covered by HTC's new Uh-Oh service. Throughout the day today we have seen just as many announcements from carriers regarding pre-order information and prices for Samsung's new flagships the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If...
What to Expect in Windows Phone 8 Apollo: Official Update
Windows Phone fans, if you think Windows Phone 7.5 Mango was awesome, wait till you see what Microsoft has in store for you in the next major update of their smartphone operating system – Apollo! The folks at PocketNow got their hands on a video hosted by Windows Phone Manager and Microsoft Senior Vice President Joe Belfiore that gives us a closer look at what to expect in Apollo, including Skype integration, Multi-core processor support, NFC features and more.
Here’s a list of key WP8 features revealed in the video:
- Skype integration right into the dialler
- NFC support with beam-like file transfers and Wallet-like payments
- Multi-core processor support
- Support for four newer (and presumably higher) screen resolutions
- Removable storage (microSD) support
- Shared kernel components with Windows 8, enabling easy app portability
- Sync support deeply integrated into Windows 8 rather than Zune
- Skydrive-based cloud syncing of Music similar to Google Music
- Better camera interface for app developers to build on
- DataSmart for smart control and management of data usage
- Opera Mini-like server-side compression in Internet Explorer 10 for reducing data usage
- 128-bit Native BitLocker encryption
That’s more than quite a handful if you ask us and with these features, Microsoft will be in a much better position to catch up with Android. What are your thoughts? Did your favourite features make it to the list? Feel free to let us know in the comments.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
OnePlus is one of those companies that appear one day and next thing you know, they are all over the internet. Their original OnePlus One phone was a major success in the mobile space due to its low price yet remarkable specifications - the ultimate goal of the company and their “Never Settle” slogan. We love talking about “the little OEM that could”, not necessarily because they are good or bad, but because their business and marketing strategies are very...
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will be available for sale across the big four US carriers on April 10th, but most pre-orders start tomorrow, March 27th. Which network is the right choice for your new phone? That's a question whose answer received a new wrinkle today as announcements about pricing and bundled perks landed from all angles. Here's the rundown of Samsung offerings as we know them, but it's worth mentioning that HTC's newsroom was just as busy rattling off...