The Galaxy S6 Edge, Huawei Watch, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Moto E 2015 and Xperia M4 Aqua all have gotten new forums here at XDA. If you want the latest and greatest in hardware as of now, the Galaxy S6 Edge's top-tier processor, memory, and camera will most likely fulfill your everyday needs with blazing speed, and extra screen-space to boot. Huawei seems to have nailed the smartwatch with their new Huawei Watch, a classy-looking but also durable and powerful Android Wear...
What to Expect in Windows Phone 8 Apollo: Official Update
Windows Phone fans, if you think Windows Phone 7.5 Mango was awesome, wait till you see what Microsoft has in store for you in the next major update of their smartphone operating system – Apollo! The folks at PocketNow got their hands on a video hosted by Windows Phone Manager and Microsoft Senior Vice President Joe Belfiore that gives us a closer look at what to expect in Apollo, including Skype integration, Multi-core processor support, NFC features and more.
Here’s a list of key WP8 features revealed in the video:
- Skype integration right into the dialler
- NFC support with beam-like file transfers and Wallet-like payments
- Multi-core processor support
- Support for four newer (and presumably higher) screen resolutions
- Removable storage (microSD) support
- Shared kernel components with Windows 8, enabling easy app portability
- Sync support deeply integrated into Windows 8 rather than Zune
- Skydrive-based cloud syncing of Music similar to Google Music
- Better camera interface for app developers to build on
- DataSmart for smart control and management of data usage
- Opera Mini-like server-side compression in Internet Explorer 10 for reducing data usage
- 128-bit Native BitLocker encryption
That’s more than quite a handful if you ask us and with these features, Microsoft will be in a much better position to catch up with Android. What are your thoughts? Did your favourite features make it to the list? Feel free to let us know in the comments.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Privacy and security are two increasingly important factors in today's globalized world, and with the surge of internet spying by government agencies and third parties, wiretaps are an everyday thing that don't just concern James Bond anymore. Encryption made its way to the semi-mainstream messaging world with the Telegram platform, but while millions flocked to it, it is still clear that convenience beats privacy for most of smartphone users. After all, with the huge user bases boasted by Whatsapp and the...
Matias Duarte, VP of Design at Google, is perhaps one of the most prolific software designers of recent times: Material Design, the highest exponent of Android beauty, is Matias' own brainchild. Without him and his creation, the biggest Android update of all time wouldn't have been what it was and our favorite platform would still carry a look that many deemed outdated even before Material Design was shown. With an internet following that spawned several internet memes and even a weird community,...