The FCC has ruled on Net Neutrality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Pebble Time Kickstarter and be sure to stay tuned for even more mobile world congress announcements! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday...
What to Expect in Windows Phone 8 Apollo: Official Update
Windows Phone fans, if you think Windows Phone 7.5 Mango was awesome, wait till you see what Microsoft has in store for you in the next major update of their smartphone operating system – Apollo! The folks at PocketNow got their hands on a video hosted by Windows Phone Manager and Microsoft Senior Vice President Joe Belfiore that gives us a closer look at what to expect in Apollo, including Skype integration, Multi-core processor support, NFC features and more.
Here’s a list of key WP8 features revealed in the video:
- Skype integration right into the dialler
- NFC support with beam-like file transfers and Wallet-like payments
- Multi-core processor support
- Support for four newer (and presumably higher) screen resolutions
- Removable storage (microSD) support
- Shared kernel components with Windows 8, enabling easy app portability
- Sync support deeply integrated into Windows 8 rather than Zune
- Skydrive-based cloud syncing of Music similar to Google Music
- Better camera interface for app developers to build on
- DataSmart for smart control and management of data usage
- Opera Mini-like server-side compression in Internet Explorer 10 for reducing data usage
- 128-bit Native BitLocker encryption
That’s more than quite a handful if you ask us and with these features, Microsoft will be in a much better position to catch up with Android. What are your thoughts? Did your favourite features make it to the list? Feel free to let us know in the comments.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...